Working RUU to revert back to unrooted stock?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I need to unroot my Rezound, already relocked by I can't find a working link to the 2.01 RUU.exe. All of them refer to this dropbox account that has been disabled or something. I found a potential one off fileloader.com, but when I finally finished downloading it, it says not compatible with my version of Windows, but I can't find anything else?

Any help?

I need to unroot my Rezound, already relocked by I can't find a working link to the 2.01 RUU.exe. All of them refer to this dropbox account that has been disabled or something. I found a potential one off fileloader.com, but when I finally finished downloading it, it says not compatible with my version of Windows, but I can't find anything else?

Any help?
This thread has usable links to all RUU's released for the Rezound except the newest 4.3.605.x ones: [RUU] HTC Rezound RUU RoundUp - Rezound Development - Mobile-Overload

Yes! You are a godsend. I knew it was out there somewhere. Took forever to download though.

Anyways thanks again.

Hm, you need to run the exe before plugging your phone in, the rest is step by step. If it still isn't working then make sure you have the latest HTC drivers for your computer.

You could just use one of the ZIP RUU's... just rename it to PH98IMG.zip and put it on the root of the microSD card, then power down, and power back up holding Power and Vol Down and it should just take off and go.

I'm considering updating to the RUU build 4.03.605.2 for the Rezound. I have searched for ways to revert back to current ICS status if it doesn't work, or if necessary, revert back because OTA updates don't work because of the RUU. Sorry for being so cautious! Any help or links would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unless you have s-off, one cannot go backwards in operating versions.

If you Install 4.03.605.2 you will be stuck there until another newer RUU is leaked to us, or you do the s-off modification.

Fortunately this is a good version in my opinion.

DO NOT INSTALL IT, I loved the fact that it was Global and used it flawless overseas, but it turned my phone to an EVO 4G :(

After 4.03.605.2, my battery lasts 3 hours with moderate use (text messages on 3G)
on standby with a few text messages and a 15 minute phone call today, it lasted 5 hours...

I don't want to S-OFF just yet to go back, I will try to see if I can get it swapped :(
They already sent me a new battery (I had 3.8, they sent me a 3.7) and it made no difference at all.

and I have done about 4 factory resets, even tried a different Rom based on the same Kernel, it was better, but not great.

DO NOT INSTALL IT, I loved the fact that it was Global and used it flawless overseas, but it turned my phone to an EVO 4G :(

After 4.03.605.2, my battery lasts 3 hours with moderate use (text messages on 3G)
on standby with a few text messages and a 15 minute phone call today, it lasted 5 hours...

I don't want to S-OFF just yet to go back, I will try to see if I can get it swapped :(
They already sent me a new battery (I had 3.8, they sent me a 3.7) and it made no difference at all.
I am not sure why your phone is so odd, 3 hours of screen time is about correct with a standard battery, that is about what I get normally over a full day, but sitting in my pocket with only a few short phone calls I still have 50%+ battery life at the end of the day.

Most people have noted that battery life is significantly IMPROVED with the global mode RUU, not gotten worse.

I would wonder what GSAM says is using your battery, with those short standby times it appears something is holding the wakelock and keeping the phone from sleeping correctly.

thanks for the reply :)

Well, it wasn't 3 hours of screen ON time...

it was actually about 2.5 hours total use, not Screen ON:
30 minutes on the phone (2 calls, screen off)
about 40 text messages total
15 minutes of web browsing
Screen brightness set to about 25%

I have added to screen shots to show you something.
This is the 2:30 hours life... it points most of the power went to the screen.

Another thing I forgot to add was that on Standby, AND plugged in to the computer for charge, IT STILL drains faster than what it is charging from the USB Port on the computer...

~~~~~~~~~~
The first 2 are repeated by accident... that was 100% - 14% in 2:30 hours, and 5 minutes after it died
the chart from the 12, if you see the battery icon, that was on standby while plugged in to the computer charging and it was still draining..
the final chart for today, was standby without any charge, at 7am it was 100% and by like 12:45pm it was dead completely.

ok, the phone gets hot with MINIMAL use, with like 5 text messages it goes to like 120 F

~~~~
What is GSAM ??

Attachments

• 2012-09-12_21-56-33.png
    2012-09-12_21-56-33.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 2012-09-12_21-56-33.png
    2012-09-12_21-56-33.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 2012-09-14_15-45-59.png
    2012-09-14_15-45-59.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 2012-09-14_15-46-26.png
    2012-09-14_15-46-26.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 256
GSAM is GSam Battery Monitor, it does a pretty good job of breaking down what is REALLY using your battery and helps to catch those culprit apps that are holding the wakelock or something and draining the battery.

I suspect something more going on behind the scenes, with a decent ROM (like the global RUU) and a good battery, your phone should still charge even if the screen is on and all radios are active, not discharge. Does it charge better with the factory charger?

I have a few suggestions: Factory Reset, reflash the RUU twice, and replace the battery, in that order, not all at once and try each step for a while without reinstalling any non-essential apps too. And do not restore apps from a backup, that can cause you more headaches and then by just reinstalling and setting up manually.

Something is definitely not right, the global RUU is very stable and relatively easy on battery compared to most stock Rezound ROMs, time to drill down and figure out what's wrong because I doubt the ROM is at fault here, unless the flash didn't take properly.

Yes, with AC charger (original or non original) it charges very well and fast... something is def wrong, can you believe that after my last post, I left work at 4:30 and battery was fully charged... I rebooted the phone and only used it to receive 2 text messages, and send 2 text messages. the temp went up to 115 degrees, and by 6PM, the phone died at while the battery was at 2%

1 and a half hour of fully standby :(
ok, I'll reflash RUU twice like suggested...

do I do factory reset even though Im flashing RUU?

Back