Wow amazing...

Grassi

Reaction score
I bought the motorola extended battery fo 20 bucks... best investment ever, i always get so pissed off at poor battery life on droids, not any more.. and i am picky, this is after heavy use of my droid bionic, wifi, gps and 4g was left on all day as well as having the brightness up pretty high, playing fpse (psx) facebook, internet, youtube, netflix, lots of call time ..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

If you click on the battery it'll show a much more detailed page, with hours on battery and lots of other info.

I just got the extended for my DROIDX. Have to agree.. best investment ever!! It coupled with the 2x battery app I can get two days of life with moderate use!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Can't say enough about the bionic extended battery... every once in awhile i pop the regular battery back in to keep it fresh as a backup and it's such a wakeup call for what i've become accustomed to... and now the phone feels funny without the extended in it like it's too skinny and whimpy

and now the phone feels funny without the extended in it like it's too skinny and whimpy

Which is funny because some people says the extended battery makes the Bionic feel like a brick. :biggrin:

There are actually 4 extended batteries for the Bionic. The one we're talking about is the Motorola, but Mugen makes 2, one that'll fit in the original place and one that's way thick. Seidio also makes one that's between the Motorola and the larger Mugen.

It appears though that the Motorola battery plays better with the software than the other batteries. If you have one of the others the phone may say that you need to charge while you still have several hours to go.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the extended batteries that are physically larger than the OEM battery will fit with an Otterbox case? I keep hearing about people talking about how great the extended batteries are, but I have to use an Otterbox since I drop my phone too often to risk not using it.

Does anyone know if the extended batteries that are physically larger than the OEM battery will fit with an Otterbox case? I keep hearing about people talking about how great the extended batteries are, but I have to use an Otterbox since I drop my phone too often to risk not using it.
I know when I got my Bionic and Otterbox case the Extended battery would not fit it back then. Not sure now if the Extended battery has changed, but the verizon rep was unable to snap the case together so I never got the extended battery. Maybe the battery has changed and it will work now?

The only case I know of that fits with the Bionics extended battery and desktop charger and car dock is the VZW/Motorola one with a kickstand sold by VZW..

If you get the Mugen Slim Extended battery it'll fit as it uses the OEM battery door. Mugen Power Slim Extended-Capacity Battery for Motorola DROID Bionic & ATRIX 2 HLI-XT875SL is one place to get it. It is only 2000 mAh (the OEM battery is 1735 mAh) vs the Motorola at 2760 mAh. The Motorola is also cheaper. I've heard people using a Dremel on the Otterbox cases with the Motorola extended battery.

For the record, the Seidio extended battery is rated at 3500 mAh and the larger Mugen is rated at 4000 mAh. They are huge in comparison to the Motorola, which adds only 1/8" to the thickness.

View attachment 49247

Last edited:
I love my extended battery, couldn't live without it. I actually prefer the heft that the extended battery gives the phone, makes me less worried about it slipping out of my hand.

I do the same thing b00mb00mchuck, always feels so funny with it being so skinny. Then I run it for a while and remember why I have the extended battery in the first place.

Sorry about that here it is for recently, 2nd day lol

Update... still going lol!!! Awesome

I talked with the Otterbox folks a few months ago (they are here in Colorado ) about an Otterbox for the Bionic with extended battery... they seemed somewhat disinterested. Told them that is a shame because there are not many other options to compete with. I think they are going thru a good period of success and are not having to try as hard ;-) I am using the Moto Kickstand case and it is working out albeit a bit bulky.

And yes, the Moto Extended battery rocks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just fyi but there ARE cases out there for the extended battery. Just search Amazon, diztronic has a few I believe. I also plan on selling mine on ebay soon for a few bucks...just sayin. :happy3:

Sometimes all you need to do is remove the back of the phone or battery cover to fit a case w/ ext battery.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

Back