2.0.1 to 2.2 problem

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
So I got a new Droid from the mail because the 2.2 update broke my old one, and the new one i recieved is on 2.0.1. Its been close to 12 hours and I hadnt recieved an OTA for 2.2 so i tried to do a manual update and I get:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

and the install fails, it says a buncha random crap and then says

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What can I do to get stock 2.2? Do I gotta root? If so, easy, but I promised my parents i wouldnt ;)

C

cdexsw

of course you can always root ;)

if you are running 2.01, i believe the phone needs to update to OTA 2.2 update (FRG01B) first. Then after a reboot the OTA 2.2 update (FRG22D) should push to the phone.

**if you install the OTA 2.2 update FRG22D you will NOT be able to root.**
the exploit has been patched/removed from this ota. you would have to *sbf* back to 2.1 or 2.01 to gain root again.

this would be until the devs figure something out.....;) oh wait they have...

download and flash this rom to your phone.
Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busyboxed **Rooted Users

then you will have a rooted FRG22D.

source:
My Droid World - Droid - FRG22D, rooted

i myself would just steer clear of the OTA releases from VZW. it's a hit and miss thing.

OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
yeah, thanks for the help, im just thinkin i root onto a stock 2.2 rom and put on a kernel and call it good until DE comes out of beta, which im hoping is in the next couple weeks.

OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
of course you can always root ;)

if you are running 2.01, i believe the phone needs to update to OTA 2.2 update (FRG01B) first. Then after a reboot the OTA 2.2 update (FRG22D) should push to the phone.

**if you install the OTA 2.2 update FRG22D you will NOT be able to root.**
the exploit has been patched/removed from this ota. you would have to *sbf* back to 2.1 or 2.01 to gain root again.

this would be until the devs figure something out.....;) oh wait they have...

download and flash this rom to your phone.
Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busyboxed **Rooted Users

then you will have a rooted FRG22D.

source:
My Droid World - Droid - FRG22D, rooted

i myself would just steer clear of the OTA releases from VZW. it's a hit and miss thing.

did exactly what you said, rooted, tried to rom you told me to, and i got stuck in a bootloop.

C

cdexsw

I just tried it. Worked fine.

I put it on the sdcard. Rebooted to recovery. Chose apply zip from sdcard under advanced. Selected rom. And flashed. No problems.

Did you wipe: data, cache, and dalvik?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
no i didnt, was really trying hard to aviod that since im too lazy to go through all that stuff again, but ill try it and tell you how it goes.