2.0.1 to 2.2 problem

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
So I got a new Droid from the mail because the 2.2 update broke my old one, and the new one i recieved is on 2.0.1. Its been close to 12 hours and I hadnt recieved an OTA for 2.2 so i tried to do a manual update and I get:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

and the install fails, it says a buncha random crap and then says

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What can I do to get stock 2.2? Do I gotta root? If so, easy, but I promised my parents i wouldnt ;)

of course you can always root ;)

if you are running 2.01, i believe the phone needs to update to OTA 2.2 update (FRG01B) first. Then after a reboot the OTA 2.2 update (FRG22D) should push to the phone.

**if you install the OTA 2.2 update FRG22D you will NOT be able to root.**
the exploit has been patched/removed from this ota. you would have to *sbf* back to 2.1 or 2.01 to gain root again.

this would be until the devs figure something out.....;) oh wait they have...

download and flash this rom to your phone.
Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busyboxed **Rooted Users

then you will have a rooted FRG22D.

source:
My Droid World - Droid - FRG22D, rooted

i myself would just steer clear of the OTA releases from VZW. it's a hit and miss thing.

yeah, thanks for the help, im just thinkin i root onto a stock 2.2 rom and put on a kernel and call it good until DE comes out of beta, which im hoping is in the next couple weeks.

of course you can always root ;)

if you are running 2.01, i believe the phone needs to update to OTA 2.2 update (FRG01B) first. Then after a reboot the OTA 2.2 update (FRG22D) should push to the phone.

**if you install the OTA 2.2 update FRG22D you will NOT be able to root.**
the exploit has been patched/removed from this ota. you would have to *sbf* back to 2.1 or 2.01 to gain root again.

this would be until the devs figure something out.....;) oh wait they have...

download and flash this rom to your phone.
Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busyboxed **Rooted Users

then you will have a rooted FRG22D.

source:
My Droid World - Droid - FRG22D, rooted

i myself would just steer clear of the OTA releases from VZW. it's a hit and miss thing.

did exactly what you said, rooted, tried to rom you told me to, and i got stuck in a bootloop.

I just tried it. Worked fine.

I put it on the sdcard. Rebooted to recovery. Chose apply zip from sdcard under advanced. Selected rom. And flashed. No problems.

Did you wipe: data, cache, and dalvik?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

no i didnt, was really trying hard to aviod that since im too lazy to go through all that stuff again, but ill try it and tell you how it goes.

Back