2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm trying to port the 928Droid Black Glass X theme to the new OTA 2.3.340 update. I deodexed the phone and have a bit of the files done.

Framework-res.apk
Services.jar
Settings.apk
BlurHome.apk
BlurPhone.apk
Calculator.apk
CarDock.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
LatinIME.apk
Music.apk
PhotoWidget.apk
Settings.apk
ToggleWidgets.apk

Here's my dilemna. I've done some research on trying to get the background of the drop down notification bar transparent without any luck. The PNG file is mostly transparent, but when I do the drop down, it's completly black with the exception of the Droid logo and text. It's the image created by 928Droid... but with a black background.

Any ideas?

Before anyone asks.... I'm not publishing this "Theme". This is 928Droid's theme that I'm porting to the update for my own use. If 928Droid want's me to send it to him.... that's up to him. He's busy enough.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to port the 928Droid Black Glass X theme to the new OTA 2.3.340 update. I deodexed the phone and have a bit of the files done.

Framework-res.apk
Services.jar
Settings.apk
BlurHome.apk
BlurPhone.apk
Calculator.apk
CarDock.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
LatinIME.apk
Music.apk
PhotoWidget.apk
Settings.apk
ToggleWidgets.apk

Here's my dilemna. I've done some research on trying to get the background of the drop down notification bar transparent without any luck. The PNG file is mostly transparent, but when I do the drop down, it's completly black with the exception of the Droid logo and text. It's the image created by 928Droid... but with a black background.

Any ideas?

Before anyone asks.... I'm not publishing this "Theme". This is 928Droid's theme that I'm porting to the update for my own use. If 928Droid want's me to send it to him.... that's up to him. He's busy enough.

Actually, does it look bad solid black? Could be cool like that if the Droid image and lettering is still detailed. Just an idea since I don't have any others:)

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I also have blur-res.apk in the framework folder done.

Attachments

• Copy of screenshot.png
    Copy of screenshot.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 487
  • 23340About.png
    23340About.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 23340DropDown.png
    23340DropDown.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 23340Settings.png
    23340Settings.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 355
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
added some more screenshots to my second post.

scarmack

Reaction score
i believe its because your status bar background is black. lets see if i can explain this. attached is something ive been working on for myself.

first attached is a screen shot of how it looks and second is my background image.

you should understand from the two images on how you can achieve this look. if not ill try to be more detailed on what i did

Attachments

• CAP201012201549.jpg
    CAP201012201549.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 389
  • status_bar_background.png
    status_bar_background.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 674
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
i believe its because your status bar background is black. lets see if i can explain this. attached is something ive been working on for myself.

first attached is a screen shot of how it looks and second is my background image.

you should understand from the two images on how you can achieve this look. if not ill try to be more detailed on what i did

Thanks for the reply. My thoughts... 928Droid's original Black Glass X worked with the transparency. The images I'm using for everything are the exact ones without modifiation he is using. I would think that if it was related to the images, it should work perfectly. I'm thinking more along the lines of a services.jar or framework-res.apk edit somewhere. I haven't found an XML with any clues yet.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Doing these one at a time as I use the functions of the phone and notice the need....

MessagesWidget.apk

Attachments

• 928_MessagesWidget.png
    928_MessagesWidget.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 462
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Yeah.... It's bugging the sh** out of me.

Droid74

Reaction score
My favorite theme....could i bribe u for a copy when u r done ;)