A very easy guide to Rooting, backup, and ROM flashing for the D2....

If you have a NAND recovery from the stock froyo ROM, and you are currently running a GB ROM can you recover the NAND and be back totally to stock?

Hi when installing the liberty rom do i need to take my sd card out of my phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

are there any issues with z4 rooting stock D2? I keep getting hung up at running exploit.

No way. If it glitches, just pull the battery and run it again. Second time usually takes 30sec. I've never had an issue

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Well....this was easier to do vs the easy easier one! :) Thanks Im now rooted and backed up!

Last edited:
just wanted to pop in and say thanks to you guys i still love the gingerbread. just started getting some reboots, but my be app related.

Guys I need major help.

I successfully installed Liberty but like most folks, didn't have the Backup Assistant and greatly needed my contacts. [I think this is where I messed up]. From clockwork, I selected to Restore in hopes of rebooting into stock. Since then, I have been stuck at the Liberty screen in a boot loop. I am not able to access Clockwork at this time (or don't know how).

Things I have tried:
1) holding down the power an x key to boot in systems recovery
2) wiped data/factory reset via this method.
3) wiped cache partition via this method

Still locked on Liberty boot loop screen. I need help bad.

DROID2

Last edited:
Or.. Is there a way to delete Liberty and go back to factory reset? I'm not worried about my data; I have have multiple backups. I'm more worried about having a useless device.

Any help is appreciated.

You'll have to sbf. No other way around it, especially if you've already gone into stock recovery and wiped data.

It's sbf time.
You won't have a useless device. Just get back to stock. Reroot and try again.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

What sbf method do you prefer? I google that and a million responses come up. Is there one you recommend?

On the off-chance that I didn't SBF before I did any of this; is all hope lost? If not, is there a zip file I can put on my phone's SD card and boot from that?

Back