CleanRom ICSE 2.3 Battery Drain Possible Fix But Need Some Help

Insidious

Reaction score
I was browsing XDA and Scott (Scrosler) said that if you're seeing serious battery drain: "If anyone else sees serious drain do this...Use ES File Explorer and navigate to /system/etc/init.d/ and delete 99tweaks2 then reboot and monitor.
Thats the kernel / CPU governing tweak (which also boosts speed). It could just not like the scaling changes with the 3.x kernel vs the 2.x kernels."

Unfortunately when I try it I only see 00Tweaks1 in init.d, instead of 99tweaks2. Does anyone know the difference and what would happen if I tried deleting it?

Bump? I'd like to see if there's an answer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

i would like to see an answer too. i have an extended battery and it drains quick.

i would like to see an answer too. i have an extended battery and it drains quick.

Yeah, I doubt anything would happen for the worse if I deleted the tweaks file. Ill probably try it once my phone finishes CHARGING, lol.

i deleted it. i also used task manager and i found that a few of those stock widgets that i didnt even have open were running so i deleted those with titanium-root. im going to see that happens

Well I deleted it and I rebooted. Seems to be working fine.

I guess only time will tell. And I had 00Tweaks also, so I just deleted that.

I deleted 00tweaks1, I deleted the widgets that were running that I wasnt using, also every hour or so I hold the home button and swipe away the apps. It seems to be much better

Just deleted it, I will report my results.

Noticing an improvement :D.

So, a good 6 hours later, and after some heavy usage, I notice a pretty big difference. Not huge, but a difference indeed.
I think all users with this ROM need to do this.

Back