Does the VZW one come with an SD Card?

armedmonkey

Reaction score
It doesn't say on the site, but I'm wondering whether it comes with an SD Card in addition to the 16/32gb internal storage. If not, does it at least have an sd card slot?

I'm basically trying to figure out if it's actually worth it to get the 32gb one.

urklegrue

Reaction score
No it does not come with an SD card but yes it does come with a slot.

npro1464

Reaction score
I ordered the 32 gb one, but would I be able to use the sd card out of my thunderbolt in the gs3? Is the 32 gb just internal storage?

urklegrue

Reaction score
Yes, it's internal storage and yes you can use your tbolt's card. The GS3 can have up to a 64GB card, which currently costs around $60. So for $10 more than paying the extra $50 for the 32GB you could have an 80GB phone.

Thank you sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar :D

[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"That was a woman I was talking to. She had a very low voice." [/FONT]:biggrin:

skennelly

Reaction score
Yes, it's internal storage and yes you can use your tbolt's card. The GS3 can have up to a 64GB card, which currently costs around $60. So for $10 more than paying the extra $50 for the 32GB you could have an 80GB phone.

[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"That was a woman I was talking to. She had a very low voice." [/FONT]:biggrin:

Very good point. I have the Gtab 2 8gb with a 32gb card. I also have a 16gb card that came with my DX. I'm getting the 16gb S III and will use one of those cards with it.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I just ordered the 32 gig s3 because Verizon told me that there is no expandable memory.

Does anyone know if the battery in the s3 is the same battery as the extended battery for the Samsung galaxy nexus

2ns

Reaction score
I thought the 16 vs. 32 was sd cards!? Now I'm not sure if it even has a slot for one?

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
2ns said:
I thought the 16 vs. 32 was sd cards!? Now I'm not sure if it even has a slot for one?

I think the 32gb will be 16gb internal and 16gb sd card. So yes it will have an sd slot

urklegrue

Reaction score
No, the 32GB is 32GB internal memory. No card included. (The AT&T version is doing it that way, not selling the 32GB but are selling a 16GB card for $40 extra.)

In addition, there is a SD card slot. It can hold SD cards up to 64GB. So you could theoretically have 96GB of storage.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Yes, it has an SD card slot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

+1 a Verizon customer service rep double checked for me AND there are a few threads out there with S3 specs and says memory card slot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
urklegrue said:
No, the 32GB is 32GB internal memory. No card included. (The AT&T version is doing it that way, not selling the 32GB but are selling a 16GB card for $40 extra.)

In addition, there is a SD card slot. It can hold SD cards up to 64GB. So you could theoretically have 96GB of storage.

Oh ok! I was going by when i clicked on the 32gb version it said 16gb internal memory. So i figured thats how they were going about it

npro1464

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just cancelled my 32 gb order and got a 16 gb, saving a cool $56 total! I really dont need that much onboard memory, i survived with my Thunderbolts 8 GB of onboard memory and with my OG Droids memory (whatever it was). Marketing it with 32 GB and 16 GB is decieving, since you can stick an sd card in there. I plan on buying a cheapo sd card, around 16 gb or whatever and putting that in my Thunderbolt and selling it and putting the 32 gb one from the Thunderbolt into my new GS3.

July 9th couldnt come soon enough!!! :icon_ banana: