Gingerbread and phone calls

I've experienced it. It disconnects as soon as it starts to connect. I tried 3 times then finally rebooted my phone and was able to call out. Stock Gingerbread.

Same here. I tried calling *86 for my voicemail and the phone hung up immediately after dialing. After I powered the phone off/ on the problem went away.

Same problem started when I updated to GB. Cant make calls (hangs up instantly) and cant send texts (fails after a few seconds) but my data (web, etc) work fine. Only a reboot fixes the problem.

I found out that when your phone goes into this mode you cant receive calls either. This needs to be fixed soon because its a serious issue. During an emergency this phone is useless!

GB drops call before connect

Glad to see I am not the only one this is happening to. This started with GB on my stock DX. Mine reboots fairly quickly, but I have to reboot to get the use of the phone. Not safe in case of an emergency where you need an immediate connection.

Have any of y'all tried doing a data reset? Usually fixes all the issues with installing a new ROM.

sent from my ApeX

Yes its happening to me as well.

Specs: Droid X Originally running stock 2.2 Froyo with Z4 root, also had all stock Bloatware deleted. I started having issue after the Verizon pushed OTA gingerbread 2.3.3. I am Currently still running the unrooted Stock ROM. I have both the dialing and texting issue.

I know it is just a band-aid, but maybe you could toggle into airplane and back out. That might be faster than a reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX

Failed outgoing calls after Gingerbreag Update.

I too am having these issues. I thought it was due to leaving it on the desk hidden aFailed outgoing calls after Gingerbread update. I gave to reboot everytime. I have done a cache reset as posted somewhere and it didnt fix the problem. Has anyone gonge to Verizon yet, I am about to but wanted to know if anyone has managed to get this fixed.

Thank you

i have had a similar problem with my samsung transform ultra model sph-m930 i can text go to the internet and everything but i try to make a phone call and it will take 1 minute to connect and the phone completely freeze and by then people hang up. i have done factory reset on the phone but that did not help at all.....this is a boost mobile phone and i have gingerbread.ff27 android 2.3.6 can anyone help me with this i would greatly apreciate it...if i have to root the phone to fix it then i am willing to just need some guidence

i have had a similar problem with my samsung transform ultra model sph-m930 i can text go to the internet and everything but i try to make a phone call and it will take 1 minute to connect and the phone completely freeze and by then people hang up. i have done factory reset on the phone but that did not help at all.....this is a boost mobile phone and i have gingerbread.ff27 android 2.3.6 can anyone help me with this i would greatly apreciate it...if i have to root the phone to fix it then i am willing to just need some guidence

Go to Boost Mobile and show them the problem. If they can't fix it, then they'll have to give you a new phone. Could be hardware related.

Go to Boost Mobile and show them the problem. If they can't fix it, then they'll have to give you a new phone. Could be hardware related.
i got the phone from a friend for free but i did take it to them they just did some reseting...if anyone knows of a fix...i am willing to root the phone if it is needed

Back