GingerBread Gtalk.... 'INVERTED'

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The gmail is in my section too... in its own thread.... the link is version 5 that has inverted messages too.... flash it like a theme....

Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy™

jamba7

Reaction score
Thanks! Looks and works perfect.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! Looks and works perfect.

No problem.. sorry ya had issues earlier tho.. glad it got worked out... :)

americanz

Reaction score
removed due to dumb ass moment. lol thanks for you hard work on these. they are great

Last edited:

americanz

Reaction score
OK so I guess I can't figure it out. I'm trying to install the latest one. I go to clockwork flash the. Zip and reboot and nothing has changed.

Sent from my D2 on GB

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK so I guess I can't figure it out. I'm trying to install the latest one. I go to clockwork flash the. Zip and reboot and nothing has changed.

Sent from my D2 on GB

It depends on what rom you're on I believe.. but here's the apk in a Dx/D2 update.zip so try it and see if it works.. ya might have to do whatever ya do to system in recovery before flashing.. I don't have a D2 so I don't know all that stuff...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/GB_GTalk_Inverted_Dx_D2.zip

americanz

Reaction score
Thanks that one is great. But for some reason my charge light don't work any more now? Idk

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

Tepes

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with the apk on a rooted D3? I uninstalled the original via TiBu (after a backup), rebooted, navigated to the downloaded apk, installed, using RE I moved it to system app and renamed to Talk.apk, rebooted and all it will do is open with no contacts and if I try anything I get FC. This is the same process I used for the Gmail blacked out and that worked.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you're on 2.3.5 OS you should try the inverted gtalk 1.3... its in the inversion conversion section.... mine was done when gb first dropped back on January..... keep me posted tho.... also, try clearing cache and data in talk.... see if that fixes it....

Tepes

Reaction score
No dice. We're still on 2.3.4. I just tried wiping data on the original prior to uninstall and the rest of the process, with no luck. Then tried wiping data at the end in a last effort and still no good. I wonder what could be so different between my built in and yours.

Update: tried the one on Inversion Conversion. Had to extract the apk from the zip since we don't currently have a recovery. That apk won't even install.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Last edited:

Tepes

Reaction score
I've tried getting inverted gtalk to work on my D3 with no luck. I've used the same method for all your inversions of gapps (use rootexplorer, rename original to .bak, move your file in and set permissions, clear cache on app in Settings, reboot). The outcome tends to be a blank and constantly loading gtalk screen that if you try to do anything with it you get a fc. I think the problem on the D3 is that our gchat with video is actually Talk2.apk. If I was to get that app to you folks, do you think we could get a D3 friendly version or do you need more than just the apk?

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tepes, kejar has it inverted on the Bionic, chances are it will work on the D3 as well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its the same apk... just a 2 on the end... Alastrionia has one inverted and I've done it also but I did a partially transparent version, too.... I'll link a blue version in a few that's set for Talk2.apk... at least to test this out....

Tepes

Reaction score
Many thanks to both of you. It's the last touch i need to feel happy with my D3. I loved all these inversions on my D1. Oh and B Boy, I do have your G+ as well :)

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2