Got my ZeroLemon Extended Battery (8500)

jc76

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
When I got my s5 last week I could not believe how horrible the battery life was. I don't watch videos, don't play much music, and the phone was going down to 60-70% within 3 hours after full charge. So I ordered the ZeroLemon "Brick." I'm only on day 2 but I can say I'm 100% satisfied so far. 10 hours into the day and I'm over 90% still and I haven't done the full 6 charges yet that ZL recommends. I suspect once the 6 charges are done It will last even longer.
I was worried about the bulk because this is a HUGE battery, but the case is very solid and feels perfect in my hand. The phone isn't slippery anymore and just feels really solid now. If I have any problems with this new battery I'll come back and post.
Anyone else have this battery?

I'm surprised you've experienced poor battery life on your S5. Mines over 1 1/2 old and it still gets me through the day on a single charge. 13-14 hrs with heavy use and averaging at least 5 hours screen on time. I imagine your device immediately updated to lollipop when you activated it. Many of the folks on our S5 sister site experienced poor battery life & various other issues after this update. They were able to resolve them after a factory data reset which is what I would suggest
Good luck & congrats on your new device!

S5 tap'n

I'm surprised you've experienced poor battery life on your S5. Mines over 1 1/2 old and it still gets me through the day on a single charge. 13-14 hrs with heavy use and averaging at least 5 hours screen on time. I imagine your device immediately updated to lollipop when you activated it. Many of the folks on our S5 sister site experienced poor battery life & various other issues after this update. They were able to resolve them after a factory data reset which is what I would suggest
Good luck & congrats on your new device!

S5 tap'n
Thanks I love this phone! Well, I'll admit I know nothing of tech talk so I don't even know what lollipop is but I hear people talk about it. I think even if the battery did last I would prefer this brick. It's heavier now with the battery and big case and just feels perfect whereas, for me anyways, the phone is too slim and slippery.

Back