New market apk wont install

Use one of the zips here for the new market: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...05022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html Install manually in clockwork recovery right over the rom. Make a backup first just incase. I have only tried the darkside.zip, but it works perfectly on 2.0 and 2.0.2. Do not use rom manger to install this.
What's the issue with using RM to install these?

I am not sure if there is an issue with rom manager, I just thought the previous posters were have problems with it. If it works go ahead. I personally find rom manager to be a little buggy sometimes and prefer to install things manually through booting into clockwork recovery, and using the recovery menu items.

I am not sure if there is an issue with rom manager, I just thought the previous posters were have problems with it. If it works go ahead. I personally find rom manager to be a little buggy sometimes and prefer to install things manually through booting into clockwork recovery, and using the recovery menu items.
Yeah I usually do too, but I thought I would give RM a try for a little bit to see how things go and if I would like it.

RM is a good innovation, just beware that weird things can happen with it sometimes, at least that is my experience.

Hey I had this problem too... over in the comments at droid-life.com, gonzo said to go to @tony319 on twitter to get the new market in zip file. Works on both sapphire 1.1.0 and 2.0

Twitter
mediafire link on his twitter: Vending-2.2.6-signed-testkeys.update.zip

This one doesn't work for me either. I"ve upgraded to 2.02 but maybe this is a problem with sprecovery?

Jim

Hmm that's possible. I used Rom Manager with CWM 2.5.0.1

I installed ROM Manager and the Market app installs just fine with it, I guess the problem is with SPR.

Jim

I guess rm can be useful :) sorry guys. So install new market through rom manager or clockwork (backup first). Not spr.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I guess rm can be useful :) sorry guys. So install new market through rom manager or clockwork (backup first). Not spr.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Laugh... I installed Darkside though RM last night, and it worked perfectly. But I do agree that there are issues from time to time with RM. The other day I couldn't restore an image because of an MD5 error. Had to restore an older image and go from there.

Sorry for asking...but what are the benefits of the new market app? I guess I don't use the app that much, so I've not been inclined to try to update it.

Yea I think it's just a look's thing, different interface. Just as good as the old market in terms as functionality I believe.

So I finally got the new Market to install. Specifically 2.2.6 in blue from the links that Stelv provided. Still don't know why I had such difficulty. Bizarre!

So I finally got the new Market to install. Specifically 2.2.6 in blue from the links that Stelv provided. Still don't know why I had such difficulty. Bizarre!

Well I am glad it is working for you :)

Back