Phone storage is getting low!!!

Fresnodog

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with my Droid but all of a sudden txt messages are full and I can't get any but there are no txt!! Also phone says that storage is low but there's plenty of room left when I check available memory! !! Is my Droid dyeing? Any suggestions

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums

I've never had any problems with my Droid but all of a sudden txt messages are full and I can't get any but there are no txt!! Also phone says that storage is low but there's plenty of room left when I check available memory! !! Is my Droid dyeing? Any suggestions

are you rooted?

No haven't done that all factory set up. Not sure how to root

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

try going to the settings, then applications, then manage apps, go to all, find the market and try clearing the data. Sometimes that will delete some download cache from apps and help.

You may also want to check your facebook app cache. That gets pretty big really fast on mine.

There is just so much room on the OG Droid dedicated to the storage of text messages. I suggest you delete text message threads that are no longer needed as this will free up space.

I do not know if there are any apps that have the capability to store text messages; you will need to do that research.

Good Luck,
Bob

i had the same issue recently and someone on the forums helped me out..here is what they told me...delete and/or back-up all your pics and vids..i had over 700 pics and vids on my d1...also...i was told to go get sms back-up app from the market and delete all the old texts...i also went in and cleared out all the cache files in my apps and cleared some downloads out using astro file mgr...now my d1 is faster and no more missed texts or storage issues...good luck....

I am having the same problem. I show 31.70MB of Available Space on my phone, cleared caches, and cleared all text messages. Phone is still sluggish. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

I am having the same problem. I show 31.70MB of Available Space on my phone, cleared caches, and cleared all text messages. Phone is still sluggish. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

If your Droid is sluggish, I recommend that you:
1. Not use live wallpapers.
2. Power your phone all the way off, then turn it back on. This will clear caches and processing threads. (My OG Droid loved a daily power down/power up.
3. Do not run an 'active' task manager. Use a task manager only to halt a runaway task.
4. Do not run a battery manager
5. Run only 1 weather app, many have 2 running, one incorporated with the clock/weather widget (like Beautiful Widget or Fancy Widgets) and a separate one, like weather bug. Also reduce the 'refresh' period to 2 or 3 hours.
6. Unless necessary do not have sync turned on for social media widgets (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
7. Unless necessary do not have sync turned on for news and sports widgets

Good Luck,
Bob

Storage wars...

I have had the same issues ever since I received my replacement droid because after just 2 months they had to replace my original purchased one.
I have no live wallpapers and I clean all my caches and everything diligently.
I have been working with a Verizon store manager one problem at a time.
Nobody at corporate wants to admit it, but the first droid has flaws, hense why #2 came so quickly.
But I understand that isn't that great either...
Until Android and Motorola and Google and Verizon and whoever else can decide on taking responsibility for their customer's issues, we just need to look elsewhere for a phone!
I have spoken to Tom Dick and Harry, even had a special "text" to send when the memory problem happened that sent them data info and I got nothing but grief when I asked to trade in my droid early.
It's the phone not anything you put on it...
Sorry I couldn't give a true solution.

I was having the same problem. I cleared out my text messages where pictures have been sent to me, I also cleared out my cache from Facebook and the problems seem to have disappeared. A couple of times, it will come back on when I'm in Facebook. Clearing out the cache seems to take care of the low space message.

I have had the same issues ever since I received my replacement droid because after just 2 months they had to replace my original purchased one.
I have no live wallpapers and I clean all my caches and everything diligently.
I have been working with a Verizon store manager one problem at a time.
Nobody at corporate wants to admit it, but the first droid has flaws, hense why #2 came so quickly.
But I understand that isn't that great either...
Until Android and Motorola and Google and Verizon and whoever else can decide on taking responsibility for their customer's issues, we just need to look elsewhere for a phone!
I have spoken to Tom Dick and Harry, even had a special "text" to send when the memory problem happened that sent them data info and I got nothing but grief when I asked to trade in my droid early.
It's the phone not anything you put on it...
Sorry I couldn't give a true solution.

You just have too many apps and no storage space left. When the droid gets below ~30mb of free space it will give you that error when you receive text messages.

Back