[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Every time I have run this script I get the following error. What does this mean?

Press any key to continue . . .
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
"* Running zergRush exploit..."
cannot stat 'zergRush': No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/zergRush: No such file or directory
/data/local/zergRush: not found
* Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root
Press any key to continue . . .
* Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
87 KB/s (0 bytes in 754980.008s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /data: Operation not permitted
* Installing 43V3R Root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system
* All done! Your phone should now be 43V3R rooted!
* Why don't you check out Shift[3]R? You're ready to flash it now

I have also tried Petes moto tools and one moto one click root tool. Neither of these would even run. I have run all of these on more than one computer. I have no clue why these won't work.

Last edited:
Same Problem

i don't know what I did wrong, but I've successfully SBFed that's all though. :/ :excl::icon_question:

I finally figured out what the problem was. I used the 'flashme' download. That took me back to. 886. I ran the forever root. I kept getting errors, missing files. I went out and got the missing files and put them in the forever root folder. Then I got rooted, and forever rooted. Then I updated to. 896. Kept root but had the boot failure. I finally figured out that it was my computer. I went home and ran the. 901 fix.bat. That allowed me to boot and verify root. I then loaded the. 901 update. I am now on. 901 with root. I would like to thank all the people who have put up these guides and moved their links around in this time where the DOJ is kicking in doors. I also have the WIFI hack installed. Runs like a champ. My mobile hotspot hasn't tried to start up once. I have my bloatware frozen. I really really love this Bionic now!

I finally figured out what the problem was. I used the 'flashme' download. That took me back to. 886. I ran the forever root. I kept getting errors, missing files. I went out and got the missing files and put them in the forever root folder. Then I got rooted, and forever rooted. Then I updated to. 896. Kept root but had the boot failure. I finally figured out that it was my computer. I went home and ran the. 901 fix.bat. That allowed me to boot and verify root. I then loaded the. 901 update. I am now on. 901 with root. I would like to thank all the people who have put up these guides and moved their links around in this time where the DOJ is kicking in doors. I also have the WIFI hack installed. Runs like a champ. My mobile hotspot hasn't tried to start up once. I have my bloatware frozen. I really really love this Bionic now!
Would you by any change have download links I could use and a little more detail about which files to put where and such? Or a link to a thread you got this info from.

cmcguffee said:
Would you by any change have download links I could use and a little more detail about which files to put where and such? Or a link to a thread you got this info from.

I will post that for you tomorrow when I get back home and near my computer. Basically it amounted to a lot of reading and following links.

I will post that for you tomorrow when I get back home and near my computer. Basically it amounted to a lot of reading and following links.
Thank you so much for that. I can only imagine, I was reading through threads for two days just to try different programs. I tried like 10, I just want root for Avast and wireless hotspot. It's been way more difficult than it was with my DX.

please help....my dumb ... wanted to update with the 902 update...but failed.....im now boot looping...tried restoring with this method and kept on getting the preflash failure and flash the flash fix but still looping....could so please help me out....Pls help me find a way to restore my phone.....Thank you!

i am getting adb not recognized when trying to forever root with this tool. any suggestions?
thanks
Edit: nevermind I got

Last edited:
This is what I get. I still have the superuser.apk from my original root, but it stopped giving root access after the update to .893. When I start the phone, I get messages that bootstrapper and light flow were granted root access, but titanium backup can't get root access. Even after this, it still doesn't work.

The zerg rush fails before I get this error at the end.

link failed read-only file system
unable to chmod /data: operation not permitted
installing 43v3r root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to 'system/bin/mount_ext3.sh' : read-only
unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh' : read-only file system
All done! Your phone should now be 43v3r rooted!

USB debugging is on and phone set to charge only. Doesn't work.

Last edited:
This is what I get.&nbsp; I still have the superuser.apk from my original root, but it stopped giving root access after the update to .893.&nbsp; When I start the phone, I get messages that bootstrapper and root explorer were grant root access, but titanium backup can't get root access.&nbsp; Even after this, it still doesn't work.<br><br>The zerg rush fails before I get this error at the end.<br><br>link failed read-only file system<br>unable to chmod /data: operation not permitted<br>installing 43v3r root...<br>failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to 'system/bin/mount_ext3.sh' : read-only<br>unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh' : read-only file system<br>All done!&nbsp; Your phone should now be 43v3r rooted!

OK, looking in root explorer, it's mounted as r/o, but it won't let me mount r/w.

893 Root to ForeverRoot

I'm rooted with 893 but I want to ForeverRoot so I can sideload the 902 update. Do I follow this process just the same or do I need to do something different since I'm already rooted?

I'm rooted with 893 but I want to ForeverRoot so I can sideload the 902 update. Do I follow this process just the same or do I need to do something different since I'm already rooted?

As far as I know this process will do the forever root on your phone. If it doesn't, here's the manual method:

Forever root manual method:

Open an app such as Root Explorer from the market
Navigate to the system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
At the top of the screen press the Mount R/W button
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select copy
Navigate to sdcard-ext
Press paste (this will put a clean copy of this file on your sdcard in case things go badly)
Navigate back to system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select Open in Text Editor
Scroll to the bottom of the file
Press the the return key on the keyboard to put a empty line
type the following:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

(note: there is a single space between chmod and 4755 and there is a single space between the 5 and the /.)

Back