[Release] update.zip -- to get nexusmod and Laucher2 working on ESE53 ROMS

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
So you have the latest ESE53 ROM, but that launcher2 home app and nexusmod live wallpaper keep giving you a FC message and you can't run them.. well, this update.zip will get them to work on your ESE53 ROM witout the FC messages..

credit to
adrynalyne to get the update.zip and
inmate369 for some beta testing.. :)

i did was the initial concept and test, and he has kindly compiled an update.zip for the community.. :)

download below
place in root of sdcard
reboot into recovery
make a backup [just in case]
allow update.zip
install update.zip
reboot
now nexusmod and Launcher2 apps WILL WORK ON ESE53 BASED ROMS... :)

DOWNLOAD HERE.!!

Last edited:

RoLa

Reaction score
I'm gonna download this so I can see those u_i scripts he (adrynalyne) wrote:)..Great Work Guys!!!!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol sounds good, its kinda funny to watch..

imigine intalling this on a complete noobs phone.. i know i've rooted a few friends phone, and i could just imagine their face if you were to show them that and be like o s*** im sorry... lol

RoLa

Reaction score
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:I Just literally LoL'd..My wife thinks I'm crazy:blink: .OK ..Back on topic..Sorry:)

Droid#64

Reaction score
Nexus mod working great so far thank you very much for all of your time and the others that helped compile it into updat.zip format!!!! Just dont know about the launcher2 dont know where it is looked in eoeapp installer I dont know, havent been doing this very long as you can tell, have it rooted etc..a little suggestion for me would be appreciated, Thank you very much!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work!! wish I could do these things, have read alot thru this forum guess Im more of a hands on person...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Nexus mod working great so far thank you very much for all of your time and the others that helped compile it into updat.zip format!!!! Just dont know about the launcher2 dont know where it is looked in eoeapp installer I dont know, havent been doing this very long as you can tell, have it rooted etc..a little suggestion for me would be appreciated, Thank you very much!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work!! wish I could do these things, have read alot thru this forum guess Im more of a hands on person...

Sadly we didnt include the launcher2 app but there are many floating around and now after applying the updat.zip you can use any of them with no problems.. My lastedt ROM has a very good launcher2 check it out please..

Droid#64

Reaction score

Sadly we didnt include the launcher2 app but there are many floating around and now after applying the updat.zip you can use any of them with no problems.. My lastedt ROM has a very good launcher2 check it out please..
I have tried about 3-4 different roms, have been on Adamz or should I say reverted back to his, I have found it very stable and really like the format he has setup for loading the rom, I will run yours, give it a shot, Ive been catching alot of flak since I bought this handset from the wife but that is normal, I tweak and tweak all electronics till I learn all I need to know, taking a while with this monster!!! Thank ya Woodyman!!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for that update but remove your little evil text during installation..lol

inmate369

Reaction score
I'm back and sorry to say that after installing update any phone call I receive gives me the message

the process com.android.
phone has stopped
unexpectedly.please try again
force close

I can make out going calls tho

inmate369

Reaction score
Had to be me . I've been workin on this all day too, but i think i got this adb scripted stuff about figured out

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Grab the phone.apk from Ultimate Droid or Bugless Beauty and see if it helps.

Just a theory.

See, this hack works by putting an older framework and drivers into ESE53. It obviously conflicts with the phone app. So it stands to reason that an older phone app will work as well, which I assume the devs above did. Just a theory though.