[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Will I get an ota update if I'm on apex1.4.1? Or since I'm on a custom rom I wont get it....just curious

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Will I get an ota update if I'm on apex1.4.1? Or since I'm on a custom rom I wont get it....just curious

Not 100% on this, but I am under the impression that you will NOT get OTA unless you're bone stock .340

J3anyus

Reaction score

Not 100% on this, but I am under the impression that you will NOT get OTA unless you're bone stock .340
This is correct - the only way to get an OTA is to be 100% stock. Any ROM (Apex or otherwise) will stop you from getting the OTA.

Reaction score
EDIT. JUST FOUND THE TOPIC ON IT. NEVER MIND AND THANKS FOR BEING AMAZING. :D

Another question, how has 2.0 been running?

Last edited:

schke07

Reaction score
MDW 3 Step GB Update

I assume this refers to something available on My Droid World website?

I searched there for gingerbread update, GB update, 3 step, etc, and could not find anything.

What are these files and where do I get them?

Thanks,
KEN

turdbogls

Reaction score

schke07

Reaction score
Nothing said "3 step GB update". I found a post "Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread". I assume that is it. However, the first downloads state you must be on a gingerbread leak. I'm on Apex 1.4.1. So now I don't know if I can use any of that or not. Or whether at this point I should SBF to 2.2.340 and then OTA to 4.5.596.

doniago

Reaction score
I'm guessing you'll have to SBF and then follow the "Full Stock Version (Signed) - Phone must be completely stock" section.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I'm guessing you'll have to SBF and then follow the "Full Stock Version (Signed) - Phone must be completely stock" section.

Correct, or root, install droid 2 bootstrap, and instal the 2 party rooted GB instructions.

This message was probably sent from the can

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Running GB .596 rooted and deodexed right now and keeping my fingers crossed for an APEX release for it soon!! Tempted to try Liberty 0.6 or 0.7 just to play with until Fab throws something wonderful at us.