[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

serenewaffles

Reaction score
Anyway, the weather widget has worked for me all along. And, just an hour ago, out of the blue, I finally began seeing an option for a calendar widget. I didn't do anything; it just appeared. I don't know how or why. I tried to attach a screenshot, but when Ii try doing it from the app it force closes and I'm unable to do it at all from the browser, so you guus will just have to take my word for it. :)

Is it the regular calendar widget or the blur widget? The regular one only shows one appointment, while the blur widget will show several upcoming appointments.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure, however since the dimensions of my calendar widget are 4 desktop columns and 1 row, all that will ever appear on it is one event. When I had the issue of it not showing up, no calendar widgets, blur or nonblur, would even show up. All I wanted was a widget that showed my google calendar, whether it was blur or not, and I have that now.

serenewaffles

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure, however since the dimensions of my calendar widget are 4 desktop columns and 1 row, all that will ever appear on it is one event. When I had the issue of it not showing up, no calendar widgets, blur or nonblur, would even show up. All I wanted was a widget that showed my google calendar, whether it was blur or not, and I have that now.

It is probably the blur widget if you can resize it like that. The AOSP widget only comes in a 2x2. I'd be really interested in knowing what you did to install the calendar.

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
Lovin the rom but I can't seem to use the wii controller app to connect to my emulators. Its been a while since I played with the wii controller app, but I'm pretty sure I'm setting it up right. Anyone else having this problem?

serenewaffles

Reaction score
Calendar

I think the problem with the blur calendar is that it isn't even installing when running the restoreblur script. At least that is what I gather from looking at installed packages with Titanium Backup after running the script.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Apex permanently f'd up my notification led. It is not green anymore, it's red.
Any fixes for this?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

serenewaffles

Reaction score
Any fixes for this?

I'm curious about this too...mine is now pink for most notifications.

Did you guys sbf when you changed from Apex? It's the only way to ensure that everything Apex put on your phone was cleared. If you didn't do an sbf, then it's likely that whatever you put on after Apex didn't bother to change the LED settings. (For example, I still have the Zombie Stomped boot icon before the Apex boot animation)

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I use lightflow from the market. You can set different colors for just about any notification. Really worth the couple bucks.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

xenokira

Reaction score
Any fixes for this?

I'm curious about this too...mine is now pink for most notifications.

Did you guys sbf when you changed from Apex? It's the only way to ensure that everything Apex put on your phone was cleared. If you didn't do an sbf, then it's likely that whatever you put on after Apex didn't bother to change the LED settings. (For example, I still have the Zombie Stomped boot icon before the Apex boot animation)

Yup, I know I did. I originally flashed directly from ZombieStomped, but wanted to the original M boot screen. So I SBF'd, re-rooted, re-flashed the GB leak, then flashed Apex (figured it'd be better to start fresh anyway).

It's not a big deal for me, but was just curious if the altered notification LED color was by design.

ZaneKaminski

Reaction score
First off, I wanna say that this rom is awesome. It's fast and I get very good battery life.

Anyway, I'm wondering what's with the Blur setup and My Accounts apps. I tried creating an account in the Motoblur setup application, but it wouldn't let me. So now I'm wondering what's with them? Can I delete the Blur setup application, or will that just cause problems?

And what about the Blur email provider being present in the My Accounts app? If I create an account with it, does it create an account for the Motoblur push email application, or just the stock Android email client?

Thanks

Last edited:

serenewaffles

Reaction score
Yup, I know I did. I originally flashed directly from ZombieStomped, but wanted to the original M boot screen. So I SBF'd, re-rooted, re-flashed the GB leak, then flashed Apex (figured it'd be better to start fresh anyway).

It's not a big deal for me, but was just curious if the altered notification LED color was by design.

So it is only doing it while you're running Apex? Because the original complaint was that the problem was permanent, so I thought it persisted after switching off Apex.

xenokira

Reaction score

So it is only doing it while you're running Apex? Because the original complaint was that the problem was permanent, so I thought it persisted after switching off Apex.

Honestly, not sure what happens if I flash another ROM after Apex. If I SBF, I'm confident it would return to normal. If I flashed directly to, say ZombieStomped, I'm not sure. Again, not a big deal for me...as long as the light is working.

Also noticed my fiancee's phone is doing the same with Apex, pink notification light. I used the same process--ZombieStomped-->SBF-->re-root-->re-flash leaked GB ROM-->Install Apex p1-->enter creds-->install Apex p2.

xenokira

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues where the cell radio seemingly stops working? Intermittently experiencing this on mine and my fiancee's D2's. This seems to be unique to the Apex 2.0 5/5/2011 ROM.

It happens about once a day on average. When it happens, the '3g' icon is no longer displayed and I only have a gray signal indicator (as opposed to the normal green coloring). Obviously, there is no longer have 3g data connectivity at this point (although if Wifi is on, it still works). When it happened the other day, I also lost the ability to make phone calls and send texts.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, the process I used to install Apex is below.
SBF-->re-root-->flash GB leak-->factory reset-->flash Apex P1-->set up initial info-->flash Apex p2.

Any help is appreciated...this is starting to become troublesome enough where I might have to change ROMs :(

roboots21

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues where the cell radio seemingly stops working? Intermittently experiencing this on mine and my fiancee's D2's. This seems to be unique to the Apex 2.0 5/5/2011 ROM.

It happens about once a day on average. When it happens, the '3g' icon is no longer displayed and I only have a gray signal indicator (as opposed to the normal green coloring). Obviously, there is no longer have 3g data connectivity at this point (although if Wifi is on, it still works). When it happened the other day, I also lost the ability to make phone calls and send texts.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, the process I used to install Apex is below.
SBF-->re-root-->flash GB leak-->factory reset-->flash Apex P1-->set up initial info-->flash Apex p2.

Any help is appreciated...this is starting to become troublesome enough where I might have to change ROMs :(

Try *228, option 2. I did and my service came back perfectly. From what I have read it is good to do this after any ROM install. Hope this helps!