[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I believe in order for Blur calendar to work, you need to clear data for the aosp calendar, delete it, then restore the blur calendar files.

As for the person who asked about SIP calling, yeah it's a GB feature. Will you ever see it on a Verizon phone? Nope.

roboots21

Reaction score
I believe in order for Blur calendar to work, you need to clear data for the aosp calendar, delete it, then restore the blur calendar files.

As for the person who asked about SIP calling, yeah it's a GB feature. Will you ever see it on a Verizon phone? Nope.

Thanks Fab. Great ROM. :) Going to try your fix now.

EDIT: Couldn't get it to work. Tried renaming blur files to Calendar, fixing permissions, everything I could think of. Wouldn't launch or show up in app drawer. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

jdog94

Reaction score
how do you get blur restore to work where do i get the restorable blur apps to put in restore folder
i tried the romoved apps from the op but them did not restore

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I just installed this sick rom coming from the Liberty gb .4 and to be honest this beta rom is complete and is ready for prime time. I wonder what has to be worked and what is planned for in the full release if this is only the beta. dancedroid

Great work so far Fabulous on the rom what is the link to your page on twitter and where do I donate.

plutonium0587

Reaction score

Thanks Fab. Great ROM. :) Going to try your fix now.

EDIT: Couldn't get it to work. Tried renaming blur files to Calendar, fixing permissions, everything I could think of. Wouldn't launch or show up in app drawer. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

I also tried this method and it didn't work :( That is the only thing keeping me from using this rom.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Did anyone end up getting the blur Launcher to work? It's called 'BlurHome' right? Doesn't seem to be working for me.

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot you had to delete the current launcher. Works perfect, I'm really liking the customization of Blur apps you can add. If this is just the Beta, I can't wait for the final release. amazing work Fab.

Last edited:

HerroMoto

Reaction score
BTW, is anyone else getting a weird error with the Gingerblur Text messaging app? I think it's called 'Conversation.apk'. It opens up, but then closes right away. I think I need to delete the 'Messaging' app but I'm afraid this won't fix my problem and I'll lose text messaging and will have to reflash. Any suggestions?

doomedromance

Reaction score
BTW, is anyone else getting a weird error with the Gingerblur Text messaging app? I think it's called 'Conversation.apk'. It opens up, but then closes right away. I think I need to delete the 'Messaging' app but I'm afraid this won't fix my problem and I'll lose text messaging and will have to reflash. Any suggestions?

if you have root explorer go in and rename it and add .bak after the apk if that doesn't work you can just rename it again. try rebooting in between too.
You could also try freezing the app in titanium backup (don't know if thats pro only)

if you're a cheapskate (J/K)
use terminal emulator to rename it.

Last edited:

Oowoon

Reaction score
So far so good. Made the jump to gingerbread last night. Then to apex. I like it so far.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

RevNumbers

Reaction score

If i remember right, the blur text messaging requires bits from the BlurEmailEngine.apk if you run `adb logcat *:E` and try and run the text messaging app you'll see what all it's looking for... that's all going from memory so don't quote me on it, lol

Edit: went ahead and checked... all i pushed was Conversations.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk and all was well... when i removed BlurEmailEngine.apk it did what you were describing... in other words, just add the BlurEmailEngine.apk back and you should be good to go

Last edited:

devinhfox

Reaction score
What's with the gmail notification light being pink for this rom.. what was wrong with green? How can I change it back?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

HerroMoto

Reaction score

If i remember right, the blur text messaging requires bits from the BlurEmailEngine.apk if you run `adb logcat *:E` and try and run the text messaging app you'll see what all it's looking for... that's all going from memory so don't quote me on it, lol

Edit: went ahead and checked... all i pushed was Conversations.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk and all was well... when i removed BlurEmailEngine.apk it did what you were describing... in other words, just add the BlurEmailEngine.apk back and you should be good to go

Yup! That did the trick! Thanks Rev, I thought that could have been one of the issues. Running great now.

jdog94

Reaction score
how do you get blur restore to work where do i get the restorable blur apps to put in restore folder

xust

Reaction score
Everything thinks my SD card is full. Can't download anything or take pictures. WTF.

Tried installing again, same issue. This can't be a known bug, because it's pretty serious--and my SD card isn't even close to being full. Again: WTF?