[ROM] [ROM] Liberty 3 RC1 - Time for the Eagle to once again take Flight

hey_no_really

Reaction score
I wanna flash this rom so bad but Im scared because Im in a extended service area and Affraid Ill loose my signal If I do Im screwed no service no phone. Cant activate a phone unless your on a Verizon tower. When you flash a rom you do a factory reset wipe all data so its like doing a reset from Verizon except you dont have to make a call or anything which means you never lost signal just not sure. Ill be home in Illinois in my 4G area Wed may have to wait till then.

I know there is a way around activation screen for droid x but you'll need user specific info. I did factory reset after moving to extended area and found out the hard way. I wrote down every step as verizon walked me through the by pass and now I can flash any time I want. Matter of fact just reflashed lib3 ;) Might be able to help you if you need it.

hey_no_really

Reaction score
Sorry If I've missed this But I have spent hours searching for the answer to one question and cannot find it. I love Liberty But I really wish I can get the Blur alarm clock to work while docked in the multimedia station. I installed dock apk to get multimedia to work when docked but the alarm icon on left has a nonfunctioning symbol on it and cannot find for the life of me how to get it to work. simply put I like the way the blur alarm work and especially like that I can touch the screen anywhere to snooze but have to slide to dismiss. I have been trying this ROM for about a month now and if any one can help me successfully solve this I will happily Donate. I started with Lib 1.5? and loved the battery life, the way it would lock on internet signals and the fewer amount of dropped calls. It was snappy as heck but alas the apps I liked didn't work.
So I am hoping this can be resolved in 3. Thanks for any help.

kenc3dan

Reaction score
Under settings I don't see data connection or roaming under settings how do I access the features?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I too can't get my 3G working. It stopped working altogether. Since then I've rebooted, pulled battery, reflashed, tried all manner of toggles but just can't get 3G enabled again. Lacking the Blur Battery and Data Manager controls means I just can't seem to get 3G forced active again, much less roaming. There is literally no 3G icon of any kind, it's not a question of signal strength. Thanks for any help!

wooddale

Reaction score
Boy my post was awhile ago and I still dont know the answer for sure but I think if your not on a Verizon tower ( Im talking droid bionic or any 4g phone) if you need to make a new data connection when you flash a rom it will not work.

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off, Thank you! bionic users have kinda been forgotten for the past few months. The nexus, razr, droid 4, etc have screwed us over :frown:. Good to know we have devs still working!

wooddale

Reaction score
First off, Thank you! bionic users have kinda been forgotten for the past few months. The nexus, razr, droid 4, etc have screwed us over :frown:. Good to know we have devs still working!

Not sure what you mean here. This rom is not compatable with 902 yet is it doesnt say anywhere in OP.

kenc3dan

Reaction score
I too can't get my 3G working. It stopped working altogether. Since then I've rebooted, pulled battery, reflashed, tried all manner of toggles but just can't get 3G enabled again. Lacking the Blur Battery and Data Manager controls means I just can't seem to get 3G forced active again, much less roaming. There is literally no 3G icon of any kind, it's not a question of signal strength. Thanks for any help!
SOLUTION: I used Widgetsoid to re-enable mobile networking. No other kinda gizmos I tried from the Market worked.

spooner2007

Reaction score
Liberty 3

The Eagle has once again taken Flight!!!
d31b.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
This is an RC build and will only include the base... themes and extras will come at a later date and time

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Smali Guru - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included!
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty 3 RC1

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Wish they would put dates when they put out updates... app doesn't give dates for updates

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Wish they would put dates when they put out updates... app doesn't give dates for updates

He usually says when he updates so I dont think this is an update and his roms only work on offical OTA's

skeetdrn

Reaction score
I'm running a .901 patched version (found on one of these threads around here) and I used bootstrap and just flashed the .zip file. I came from stock .902 rooted