rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight...

Theme for blurry.

I have mixed and matched the Red GB Theme from Draya1986's Liberty theme to create a Red OTA GB Theme that works perfectly.

This is an update.zip so just boot into clockwork recovery and install it just like you installed the rom, minus wiping data and cache.

I have also included a shadowed notification drop down that can be ninjamorphed into the drawable-hdpi folder if you want.

Looking forward to trying this out. I have been using Liberty with a Serenity theme. Just to verify, I can use that same theme here since it's a .340 theme, right?

No, it must be a blur rom .340 theme.

Thanks for the clarification. Just reread the first page and I totally missed the "blur"part. Glad I waited for an answer!

Last edited:
I know you've done a lot of work with this rom, but is it possible to make a bare bones Blurry, meaning, not having any of the social apps.

I've been liking the AOSP like roms, but hate all the social apps that moto gives us. Honestly the two blur apps I like is Camera and Blur Alarm clock. I understand if it's not possible. Currently on Focused 1.9.7.

If you want an updated Red GB with 10% battery increments check the themes section for blurry. I just posted one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can add the blur camera and blur alarm clock to focused I am pretty sure. I know you can to liberty by just deleting or renaming the current ones to .bak and then getting the ones from the liberty toolbox. I had an issue where the alarm would disappear, not be set, if I didn't rename the existing one to add .bak since it wanted to take priority by default.

Edit: By the way this is done via root explorer, but could be done with adv or terminal as well.

I know you've done a lot of work with this rom, but is it possible to make a bare bones Blurry, meaning, not having any of the social apps.

I've been liking the AOSP like roms, but hate all the social apps that moto gives us. Honestly the two blur apps I like is Camera and Blur Alarm clock. I understand if it's not possible. Currently on Focused 1.9.7.

Glad you mentioned this. I'm actually working on a script to remove or restore all blur, social networking blur, or the extras (news, weather, etc.)

This wasn't ready for release with the rom, but I'm hoping to have it done soon and release as a patch

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Glad you mentioned this. I'm actually working on a script to remove or restore all blur, social networking blur, or the extras (news, weather, etc.)

This wasn't ready for release with the rom, but I'm hoping to have it done soon and release as a patch

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Sweet, loved to hear this.

You can add the blur camera and blur alarm clock to focused I am pretty sure. I know you can to liberty by just deleting or renaming the current ones to .bak and then getting the ones from the liberty toolbox. I had an issue where the alarm would disappear, not be set, if I didn't rename the existing one to add .bak since it wanted to take priority by default.

Edit: By the way this is done via root explorer, but could be done with adv or terminal as well.

Ok, got Blur Alarm and Camera installed. The only downside is Camera with 3d gallery. This issue is on all AOSP like roms with Blur Camera. And that is when you select the previous picture inside the camera, it doesn't take you to that particular picture, you have to scroll all the way to the end to see it or go directly to the Gallery app.

Edit, just have to use 2d gallery instead, but the downside to that is you can't get Picasa web album, so decision to make.

Last edited:
+10000 to be able to remove blurry apps. Loving Rubic1.9.7. The only two things that I like blur is the calendar and the camera. Also the toggle widgets too. Keep up the good work you always deliver some of the best Roms for the X.

Sent from my DROIDX

Does anyone know if the ability to create contact groups and speed dialing are Blur features? Currently on Liberty and these features are missing on the dialer and I really miss them.

I'm finding there is definitely goodness in some of the Blur functionality, like what's mentioned above, plus HDMI and DLNA, so I'm looking at possibly trying out out 1.8. I really like the idea of the scripts to keep or remove what Blur you want and don't want. We'd have the best of both worlds then!

Does anyone know if the ability to create contact groups and speed dialing are Blur features? Currently on Liberty and these features are missing on the dialer and I really miss them.

I'm finding there is definitely goodness in some of the Blur functionality, like what's mentioned above, plus HDMI and DLNA, so I'm looking at possibly trying out out 1.8. I really like the idea of the scripts to keep or remove what Blur you want and don't want. We'd have the best of both worlds then!

There is an app called Speed Dial Old School, which will give you 0-99 instead of 0-9 on blur dialer. And the app will work on any dialer.

You could install the blur gallery as well. It is in fission rom manager and I believe that would give you hdmi on focused, not positive though.

You could install the blur gallery as well. It is in fission rom manager and I believe that would give you hdmi on focused, not positive though.

Yea, I've thought about that too, but not a big fan of Moto gallery. I wish someone could tweak the Moto Gallery to open straight into Folder View. Main reason i like the 3D Gallery. I can see ALL folders instead of having to select which folder then and another folder, etc.

Just give me a Gallery that shows all folders at once(3d Gallery).

There is an app called Speed Dial Old School, which will give you 0-99 instead of 0-9 on blur dialer. And the app will work on any dialer.

Another app to regain speed dial (Free):
Speed Dial - Android app on AppBrain

Does it actually function though? I'd be interested to see what all the Fission package includes to make the Gallery work... either they included some framework stuff, or they found one that works with non-blur.. interesting. :)

Back