128GB Google Pixel XL shipments delayed until December 26th by Verizon!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
6 weeks more? Dang Verizon is really messing this up for Google.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
6 weeks more? Dang Verizon is really messing this up for Google.

Pretty much sucks considering I ordered on October 23. What if I really needed a phone. I guess I would be carrying a V20 or iPhone 7 Plus

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Pretty much sucks considering I ordered on October 23. What if I really needed a phone. I guess I would be carrying a V20 or iPhone 7 Plus

I have been waiting long and now I have the date of the December 26. Verizon is claiming that iPhone customers are going through the same thing with the order of the 7 Plus. Like that is suppose to make me feel better. If i do not get it by then I will cancel and hold on to my Note 7 until the S8 is released.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have been waiting long and now I have the date of the December 26. Verizon is claiming that iPhone customers are going through the same thing with the order of the 7 Plus. Like that is suppose to make me feel better. If i do not get it by then I will cancel and hold on to my Note 7 until the S8 is released.
should've just went with the S7 Edge Preach. But if you can hold out for the S8, I think that'll be your best bet.....it's just so far away. The wife's Note 7 is still running like a champ. Good luck brutha!

S5 tap'n

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
should've just went with the S7 Edge Preach. But if you can hold out for the S8, I think that'll be your best bet.....it's just so far away. The wife's Note 7 is still running like a champ. Good luck brutha!

S5 tap'n
Did not want the S7. I rather get the Pixel or keep my Note 7 until S8 or Note 8.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I hear ya. Did they OTA your Note 7 to the 60% battery yet? If not, visit Note 7 Rebels and flash the workaround which will prevent that OTA. I'd wait on the S8 or Note 8 too. The wife is waiting on the Note 8... she loves her Spen too much to settle on the S8.

S5 tap'n

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I hear ya. Did they OTA your Note 7 to the 60% battery yet? If not, visit Note 7 Rebels and flash the workaround which will prevent that OTA. I'd wait on the S8 or Note 8 too. The wife is waiting on the Note 8... she loves her Spen too much to settle on the S8.

S5 tap'n
I blocked it.

Reactions: cr6

Amagine

Reaction score
Well finally got an email from verizon.

• Unfortunately, the item you picked is so popular, we don’t have enough in stock to ship your order.
    We apologize for this delay and regret any inconvenience it may have caused. Your order is now expected to ship on the new date listed below.

Item QTY New ship date
    G-2PW2100-022-B 1 01/13/2017

We'll let you know if the new shipping date changes. In the meantime, be on the lookout for a confirmation email that contains a tracking number for you to keep an eye out for your package until it arrives.
This is the phone I want even though some of the reviews say it missing key features of top end phone. So that date is really out there. Not sure if worth it.

At this point I would have been asking how they will be compensating me for the delay. Simply not charging my card wouldn't have been enough to keep me wanting to wait on the order.
You said you had it when I put the order in, the fact you didn't have enough stocked for the orders you allowed through is not my problem.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
At this point I would have been asking how they will be compensating me for the delay. Simply not charging my card wouldn't have been enough to keep me wanting to wait on the order.
You said you had it when I put the order in, the fact you didn't have enough stocked for the orders you allowed through is not my problem.

I don't know, seems like google and HTC has dropped the ball and has the issue. I am sure if Verizon could get them they would have already shipped it out. It is disappointing to say the least but Verizon doesn't seem to have any control over it. My suggestion to Google would be don't sell something that is not near ready to produce enough to fill orders. I have an online business and I sometimes have stuff that is out of stock and know how troublesome it is when customers want something that is not available. I say it is out of my control and would be glad to refund you. When the manufacturer can fill the orders you can order again. I can't make them myself.

Amagine

Reaction score
I've done the same thing. But when I did it, I had my systems set up to where the orders I committed to were the orders i had confirmed coming in on X date. Now if something happened after my confirmation, that's one thing. But to revise the date twice and still allowing incoming orders isn't wise business practice.

I've been on both sides of the ball and this is Verizon's goof just as much as Google/HTC. Pre-Order levels should have given both a clue as to what they should be cranking out by now.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
I've done the same thing. But when I did it, I had my systems set up to where the orders I committed to were the orders i had confirmed coming in on X date. Now if something happened after my confirmation, that's one thing. But to revise the date twice and still allowing incoming orders isn't wise business practice.

I've been on both sides of the ball and this is Verizon's goof just as much as Google/HTC. Pre-Order levels should have given both a clue as to what they should be cranking out by now.
Agree, however Verizon must have been promised a date google did not make. I was tild the latest my phone would ship was 12/2. Well that did not happen..it will be 3 months if it finally ships on the January date. In the smart phone world that is almost out of date.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
New email today from Verizon. Now I got a New date of January 13th and they have the nerve to offer $10 gift card for the wait. I am finished. I am just going to keep my Note 7 until S8 or Note 8 or they cut me off. This is unacceptable! To wait 3 months for a Pre-ordered phone!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Amagine

Reaction score
Even worse that it is s pre-order. Your phone should have been in and shipped before show room stock or before they started taking orders again. $10 is a sneeze. It should have had an extra zero behind it before I would have considered waiting and you're right for now wanting to wait for the next samsung instead. By January, barring any Note issues, you are less than a couple of months before the S8 pre-orders. I would also see if you can order direct from Samsung.
Hopefully more people will starting buying direct soon and it will force carriers to start competing for customers.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
When did you order yours?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk