xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The steelers have a football team?

spicoli1980

Reaction score
Since installing after I download an app and it goes to install it pops up a unsuccessful unknown reason 18 box. I have tried several apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How did you install? This is an update.zip and can only be installed with Clockwork or SPR in recovery....

spicoli1980

Reaction score
I use clockwork and just installed over the top of previous blacked out market, which worked perfect.

Update: sorry but it is working fine now again. I am not sure what happened I didn't change anything but thought I would see if it worked again and sure enough it did. Thank you for this awesome maket.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

cujo6801

Reaction score
nice job as always....like I've said in the past...you can use his stand alone themes on UD3.0....enjoy...:beer2: and don't forget to beer your devs....

SonicMetal15

Reaction score
How to uninstall previous market 2.2.11?

I installed Linear's themed Market (same version as this) and am unsure about the steps required to uninstall it since it's a system app. I did clear data and cache, then flashed your update.zip after mounting system in bootstrap, but I'm still stuck with Linear's market. Do I have to use Root Explorer and rename Vending.apk to Vending.bak then copy this version into system/app? I really hate doing it that way and would rather try to get it to work via update.zip so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Medal.. sneads should install right over top of and replace Linears. Since you know what you are doing.... look at sneads apk name inside the zip file. then check the apk file name in your /system folder. Make sure they are named the exact same right down to the capiatlization and such.

SonicMetal15

Reaction score
Medal.. sneads should install right over top of and replace Linears. Since you know what you are doing.... look at sneads apk name inside the zip file. then check the apk file name in your /system folder. Make sure they are named the exact same right down to the capiatlization and such.

Thanks for such a quick response!! You're right, the name is different for Linear's (Vending_2_2_11.apk). Ugh, why did they have to name it like that..But is there an alternative way to uninstalling it other than using Root Explorer and deleting it from system/app?

SonicMetal15

Reaction score
Actually I'll just rename yours in the update.zip to Vending_2_2_11.apk and reflash..

erfoster

Reaction score
I keep getting FCs with this running Ultimate Droid 3. I tried uninstalling the market before installing, and I've tried manually deleting vending.apk before installing. The farthest I got was accepting the terms of service, then one of the first apps to show was one that I had and needed updating. I clicked it to update and it FCd. After that initial run, it FCs right when you try to run it. Any suggestions?

brian67t

Reaction score
OK, I admit I did NOT read all 6 pgs of this thread... But I am wondering (due to the name) is "blacked out market" a ROM or is it a Mod to the market app? I am running UD2.5 on a DroidA855. I am kinda hoping this is just an update for the market cuz I have several apps that I want/need but market doesnt show them on my droid... (my UNrooted friend sees them in market just fine... one example is "Mobile Banking for Andriod". Anyway... Please let me know WHAT exactly this app/rom is for.... I was told the only ways to correct this issue were to UNroot and download and REroot or to MOD the build.prop file... I am NOT hapy with Either of those options.... Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!
Thx!!!
BTW... is the "locked bootloader" gonna be an issue for rooting the Bionic? If so, I may just grab the Droid2... Otherwise, I'll wait for the Bionic... Just wondering...

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This just changes the market app. And as far as the locked bootloader, the D2 has a locked bootloader also... I am sure they will find a work around for it just like the D2...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zyrtek69

Reaction score
This just changes the market app. And as far as the locked bootloader, the D2 has a locked bootloader also... I am sure they will find a work around for it just like the D2...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ecsnead69, i just installed cm7's new nightly and it updates the market to 2.3.2, so i installed older gapps and got blacked out market to work but as soon as i open it, the market automatically updates to 2.3.2 again and it wont work anymore. so i tried uninstalling updates and it just says updates not uninstalled. so i dont know how to keep the blacked out market.. do you have any tips?