5.7.893 radio/kernel

kennydied23

Reaction score
If you updated with the leaded updates, you probably won't be able to take the official OTA, that's the issue we're trying to solve here. still wondering where that signed radio.zip file came from. With that around, gotta wonder if there's a signed boot.zip. Who's got it!!! :)

It's possible the OTA will work, I remember back in the Droid X days people had the same problem but OTAs/SBFs could be flashed if the included bootloader was the same or newer. I'm not counting on it though.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
cool i guess only time will tell. i was looking at the update_script and it seemed to be comparing actual md5 hashes which made me believe it had to match exaclty. but we'll see

moosc

Reaction score
I just talked to some one said to flash the full 7.893 os and it should get us back on the correct set up. Waiting to see if hell share his file.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kennydied23

Reaction score
I just talked to some one said to flash the full 7.893 os and it should get us back on the correct set up. Waiting to see if hell share his file.

How would flashing a leak get us back to stock? Do you mean a file to flash over the leak?

moosc

Reaction score
It would get our kernel and radios matchting on 893. As for going back I doubt that happen.but I've tried this before and didn't work..I LLC try again tonight and flash the 886 system but I doubt it'll work.
How would flashing a leak get us back to stock? Do you mean a file to flash over the leak?

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
our kernel/radio being what the 893 update had IS the problem. The later updates that were leaked will not take because the kernels were updated from the 893 one. It expects the kernel to be stock 886. So this doesnt really help at all

moosc

Reaction score
This thevtweet QT @CellZealot: @moosc yes you can...I just did the same thing. The asserts are setup on the full 5.7.893 to accept either stock or new boot.img
our kernel/radio being what the 893 update had IS the problem. The later updates that were leaked will not take because the kernels were updated from the 893 one. It expects the kernel to be stock 886. So this doesnt really help at all

mikespe

Reaction score

This is what I'm currently on so I will be watching this post very carefully!

318Droid

Reaction score
This thevtweet QT @CellZealot: @moosc yes you can...I just did the same thing. The asserts are setup on the full 5.7.893 to accept either stock or new boot.img

So quick question, what exactly are you saying? The ones who did the full 5.7.893 can go back to full stock using this file or accept the officiall OTA? Or ones that had all the other leaked updates that lead to 5.7.893 cant go back? Sorry but your statement confused me, lol.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
If your system is 886 then grab file from this thread Easily Upgrade To 5.7.893, Keep Root And Webtop - RootzWiki and flash in stock recovery

this doesnt revert the kernel. NOTHING reverts the kernel, that has been determined as of now. we do not know yet if the official update that comes out will work for those of us that applied the 893 update which changd our kernel/radio/webtop. There were other leaked updates 894 or something that came out after and those DO NOT WORK for those of us that applied 893. Why? cause it has some check and expects the stock 886 kernel. This is the whole point of the thread and our worry. It is possible that the official update will maybe allow the update to work if the kernel is stock or 893, but seems weird to me and i wouldn't bet on that.

moosc

Reaction score
So quick question, what exactly are you saying? The ones who did the full 5.7.893 can go back to full stock using this file or accept the officiall OTA? Or ones that had all the other leaked updates that lead to 5.7.893 cant go back? Sorry but your statement confused me, lol.

It should put use back 893.

JerrethS

Reaction score
I thought that the update could not be done even the full update as long as the kernel is not stock or if the kernel and radio are mismatched. Is that not correct? I have been toying with pulling the radio out to flash but no luck yet. I am willing to test any fix. The .886 radio is useless too me there is next to no data.

moosc

Reaction score
That's my thought to I mean if your on 886 then flash 893 in stock recovery its a going to work or b fail.