5.7.893 radio/kernel

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
It will work and u will be on 893. This doesn't solve anything and is what caused the problem. It updates the kernel but future ora leaks now fail after doing this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

moosc

Reaction score
That's what I want but it keeps failing.once kernel and radio are paired then we are good and see what can be done about 894 or what moto drops
It will work and u will be on 893. This doesn't solve anything and is what caused the problem. It updates the kernel but future ora leaks now fail after doing this.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
i updated to 893, so my kernel and radio were updated to what that version had. I then tried the later leaked update 894 or something else, i forget, and it fails because the kernel is not stock. I then reverted everything (even radio with radio.zip) back to 886 stock. Only the kernel is stuck on what 893 gave us. the 894 update still fails cause of the kernel. I was able to reapply the 893 update tho - i guess it sees that the kernel is the same as what it would be patching so it allows it.

SO, in summary, the only way that we will be able to take the official ota when it comes out is if
1) the kernel is EXACTLY what it is in the 893 update (which is doubtful to me since 894 already had changes)
2) the OTA update for some reason doesnt do the kernel check
3) we find a signed kernel.zip or some way to actually get the kernel back to stock
4) badass dev unlocks bootloader
5) badass dev finds a way to get around this nonsense by using second init or something to apply any kernel changes we might need, but wouldn't be the perfect solution

thats my take on it. just gonna wait it out for now

JerrethS

Reaction score
I am very happy to say that the full update did work. Same boat off the upgrade path but atlease the radio is better LOL Cant wait for a perm fix for all this b.s.

I9zero

Reaction score
Is there anyway to upgrade the radio? My radio is stock but kernel is 893

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JerrethS

Reaction score
i updated to 893, so my kernel and radio were updated to what that version had. I then tried the later leaked update 894 or something else, i forget, and it fails because the kernel is not stock. I then reverted everything (even radio with radio.zip) back to 886 stock. Only the kernel is stuck on what 893 gave us. the 894 update still fails cause of the kernel. I was able to reapply the 893 update tho - i guess it sees that the kernel is the same as what it would be patching so it allows it.

SO, in summary, the only way that we will be able to take the official ota when it comes out is if
1) the kernel is EXACTLY what it is in the 893 update (which is doubtful to me since 894 already had changes)
2) the OTA update for some reason doesnt do the kernel check
3) we find a signed kernel.zip or some way to actually get the kernel back to stock
4) badass dev unlocks bootloader
5) badass dev finds a way to get around this nonsense by using second init or something to apply any kernel changes we might need, but wouldn't be the perfect solution

thats my take on it. just gonna wait it out for now

two posts back it just worked for me didnt you read ????? not to be a douche or anything. lol

318Droid

Reaction score
Wait, what update did you use? The .894 or .893? Also what were you running previously?

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
two posts back it just worked for me didnt you read ????? not to be a douche or anything. lol

um, you are a douche lol? your post made no sense man. you said the full update worked. What full update. how bout some context? You have the official full update from motorola that everyone will be getting soon? I"m saying that the update to 873 worked and i am off the upgrade path. what am i missing. This thread is about reverting completely back to stock to get back on the update path.

Last edited:
OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
on another note, i talked to motorola level 2 tech support. they simply said that when the official ota comes out, if it doesnt work then we can just send the phone to them and they will flash it. The warranty is NOT voided because we flashed the leaked update. You'd just have to remove root and whatnot if you did that beforehand. So worst case scenario if you want to get back on the update path and the ota doesnt work when it comes out, that is the fallback option.

tincup33

Reaction score
on another note, i talked to motorola level 2 tech support. they simply said that when the official ota comes out, if it doesnt work then we can just send the phone to them and they will flash it. The warranty is NOT voided because we flashed the leaked update. You'd just have to remove root and whatnot if you did that beforehand. So worst case scenario if you want to get back on the update path and the ota doesnt work when it comes out, that is the fallback option.

Good to know man, thank you for the info.

JerrethS

Reaction score
um, you are a douche lol? your post made no sense man. you said the full update worked. What full update. how bout some context? You have the official full update from motorola that everyone will be getting soon? I"m saying that the update to 873 worked and i am off the upgrade path. what am i missing. This thread is about reverting completely back to stock to get back on the update path.

use this full update - - - Easily upgrade to 5.7.893, keep root AND webtop now :) - xda-developers
flash this with stock recovery after using r3l3as3droot from - - - [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki

This will get you stock .886 as you can be after flash the full update from stock recovery and you will be good to go.

THIS DOES NOT GET YOU BACK TO 100% STOCK .886 BUT DOES GET YOU MATCHING KERNEL AND RADIO FOR 5.7.893

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
use this full update - - - Easily upgrade to 5.7.893, keep root AND webtop now :) - xda-developers
flash this with stock recovery after using r3l3as3droot from - - - [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki

This will get you stock .886 as you can be after flash the full update from stock recovery and you will be good to go.

THIS DOES NOT GET YOU BACK TO 100% STOCK .886 BUT DOES GET YOU MATCHING KERNEL AND RADIO FOR 5.7.893

Um yes we know that. It doesn't revert the kernel or radio because it cannot. This whole thread is about reverting the kernel to get on the update path for the OTA. Using the method above does what you say, reverts the system software to .886 and leaves the radio/kernel on 5.7.893's version. 5.7.893 is not the final version that will come out so while your radio/kernel are good for you now, they might be better in the official OTA. And because your kernel is not stock, you might not be able to take the OTA. That is the whole point. anyways, it doesnt matter since moto will fix they said if the real ota fails.

moosc

Reaction score
Taking the bionic and going to toss it in the Mississippi. No matter what I do it fails flashing the 893 file keeps telling me I don't have zumicast and I do its freaking crazy