Android Launcher Pro on Cyan rocks!

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Okay so I downloaded Android Launcher Pro from the market to give it a try on 5.0.6.2 and it will be my new home replacement! I have tried many home replacement apps and have always come back to stock but this one is perfect for me.

It has a layout similar to helix 1 but the icons on the bottom are not interchangeable. That said if you have defaults for messaging or internet, internet or messaging icon will open your default not the stock so that's nice! The app drawer is more of a cross between helix 1 and helix 2, it has the the fade in and out effect for open and close but not the app rolodex feel of helix 2. In my opinion the best of both launchers. The coolest feature in my opinion is the sense like home screen switcher. Instead of double tapping like most launchers you can just pinch the screen shut to bring up the screen switcher, very slick! You can also hit the home button twice for this effect. Lastly the screen swiping is definetly the most fluid (up to 7 screens). It has kind of and elasticity effect that makes it very fast looking because the screen kind of bounces back into place!

Give it a try I think you'll like it!

DroidHoff

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mayze

Reaction score
I agree. The only thing I wish it had was a 3d app drawer. It's blazing fast

powerwagon

Reaction score
+1 on the op...this launcher is head and shoulders smoother than any other launcher out. I'm glad it doesn't have the 3d effects, as that seems to slow things down. My only wish would be to have interchangeable apps in the drawer, but that will probably come with the final release. Awesome awesome awesome!

mikecolorama

Reaction score
+1 on the op...this launcher is head and shoulders smoother than any other launcher out. I'm glad it doesn't have the 3d effects, as that seems to slow things down. My only wish would be to have interchangeable apps in the drawer, but that will probably come with the final release. Awesome awesome awesome!
i read on another thread that the dev is definitly working on that.dancedroid

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro release plans are on the dev's site...

LauncherPro

Next is:

- Customizable dock apps
- Auto landscape rotation
- App drawer close button

Key for this launcher to not collapse under its own weight like so many others is for the dev not to allow feature creep to occur, and avoid things like the 3D app drawer...anyone who wants that can use Helix2 or the launcher2 in Cyan...keep LP lean, mean, and fast! :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I'm wondering if an app drawer close button is really necessary. Don't all android phones have a dedicated home button? Doesn't that do the same thing? I like that it can fit more apps on the screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MontyMo

Reaction score
Launcher Pro release plans are on the dev's site...

LauncherPro

Key for this launcher to not collapse under its own weight like so many others is for the dev not to allow feature creep to occur, and avoid things like the 3D app drawer...anyone who wants that can use Helix2 or the launcher2 in Cyan...keep LP lean, mean, and fast! :)

+1
+1
+1

Please, keep it FAST!!!

utkanos

Reaction score
I agree it's fast but it seems to use a decent amount of CPU time, I've never seen a launcher show up in the battery usage menu before but LP has been in there since I installed it.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
by far the best launcher out. blazing fast and smooth. cool feature with the pinching for home screen navigation. i actually like that the app drawer is not 3d. it is much much much smoother this way. no button to close app drawer but the final release will have it. awesome launcher. must download. (makes helix look like crap)

entcee

Reaction score
he's updated with a lot of the requested changes: LauncherPro Beta v0.2.0 Released!

Great! besides the ability to customize icons on the bottom, I was waiting for this:

New: Option to have the Home key on your device take you to your default home screen instead of showing the previews. If you’re already on the default screen, it will bring up the previews.

This is truly the best launcher yet!

GoGators

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it, set it up, and just uninstalled Helix 2. I agree that the 3D scrolling effect slows things down. It also did not reliably scroll to where I wanted it to. I like that this remembers the area you were in when you come back to the apps. I makes setting shortcuts much easier. Can't wait for the user selectable app drawer. Great job!!!