Anybody Else Out There That Loves Their Bionic?

droid233

Reaction score
This is the best phone I ever had bar none. I had the original droid before and now this is even better than that and it was that was great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jhom

Reaction score
This is a great phone. It fulfills all my communication needs. I have an update on one of my lines and I'm wondering whether I should use on a Galaxy Nexus. Will it be as good as the Bionic?

Chrisdroidx

Reaction score
I Love it specially since I've got the extended battery it will run all day with out a charge

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

guitarskoota

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on 11/29. It is my first smartphone. Maybe I am niave because it is my only smartphone I've used, but so far I must say I absolutely love it. At first the battery drained fast within like 8 hours, but I figured out which widgets to avoid and adjusted my data fetches, and got it running at like 32mAH idle, without having to turn off anything important or neutering the phone.

I upgraded to .893, and picked up an extended battery and it is just an amazing phone that does everything I want. I don't have any data drops since the patch, except when Verizon has its nationwide outage, which effects all phones anyways. The Bionic is smooth as butter, and the extended battery will last me about 18 hours with quite a bit of usage, it's insane! The camera works great, it plays games great, it browses the internet fast, plays my PSX and N64 games like a champ, navigation works awesome, the cloud player through Google Music rocks, I can use splashtop remote desktop to access my home PC, Pandora and Slacker Radio, Internet Radio, Trillian Chat, Email, watch football, play xbox360 and ps3 games with Onlive. And of course make good quality calls. This thing can do everything! It is like a PC in my pocket. It's rediculous! I can't really ask for more. It is just an amazing phone. And it's even going to get ICS upgrade next spring. I know most other phones can do this too, but the Bionic does it well too, with its Dual Core processor.

I was looking at the Galaxy Nexus, but I didn't like the memory format, and didn't want to be an "ICS" bug tester for the next 6 months while apps work out all their kinks to become compatable. I'd rather upgrade to ICS it when it is solid. Otherwise, GNexus seemed really mediocre to me, and NFC is worthless to me.

I was looking at the Razr but it is too thin and akward feeling, and the internal battery killed it for me, and it really is just a very slightly overclocked Bionic.

I was looking at the Rezound, but HTC Sense made me unsure, and paying an extra chunk of money for headphones that I wont use, and only work in the 1 app, make that phone unappealing. Otherwise this was the 2nd closest contender.

The Bionic, has expandable memory, removable battery, dual core, 4g LTE, a gorgeous battery efficient screen despite what people say, and I got it all for $150 bucks, thats half the price of these other phones. Throw in an extended battery for $25 bucks, and seriously this phone is a beast and an absolute steal for the price, and keeps up with the other top tier big boys. I could see if your having data drops how it would make this phone far less valued, but for me I am not having that problem, this phone rocks.

bhp117

Reaction score
Have anyone have this problem with their bionic not turning back on after a few hours on with screen off. Nothing works, screen wont turn on, power button don't function

Only way to get it back on is by pulling the battery and reboot the phone

Any ideas?

Beside this issue the phone been great running hecka smooth better than my old fully custom lg revolution

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have not personally had this issue, but I know some others have reported it. (See BSOD threads (Black Screen Of Death)). If this is a repeated problem a factory reset might cure it. If not, I believe a replacement phone might be needed.

bhp117

Reaction score
I have not personally had this issue, but I know some others have reported it. (See BSOD threads (Black Screen Of Death)). If this is a repeated problem a factory reset might cure it. If not, I believe a replacement phone might be needed.

Thanks
I'll look into it some more
At least now I know I'm not the only one with this issue

mykl376

Reaction score
Well I love my Bionic. I'm not one to get the newest phone every few weeks though. My first touch screen phone was the LG enVtouch, in 2009. The Bionic is my first "smart" phone, although I did buy my wife an iphone 2 years ago. I'm not rooted, and probably won't bother trying. To me, it was like going from your grandma's Datsun to a brand new Ferrari as far as features and performance goes.

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
Have anyone have this problem with their bionic not turning back on after a few hours on with screen off. Nothing works, screen wont turn on, power button don't function

Only way to get it back on is by pulling the battery and reboot the phone

Any ideas?

Beside this issue the phone been great running hecka smooth better than my old fully custom lg revolution

I had that problem as well but after I got the .893 update it seems to have fixed it. I also had to do battery pulls just to get the phone to turn back on! After the update I love my phone!! I waited for what seemed like forever for the Nexus to come out and then when it finally did it made me realize that I love the Bionic!! :D

Reaction score
I'm still upset at mines. I have the .893 only...not the .901. And it still reboots randomly while doing important things. Data rarely drops (better than before) but when it does... it sucks. The most annoying thing is that while on bluetooth listening to music... it skips a hell of a lot. Its a known problem and I thought it would have been addressed in the ota... but it actually got worse. I don't hate it.. but I don't love it either.

ripper2860

Reaction score
... The most annoying thing is that while on bluetooth listening to music... it skips a hell of a lot. Its a known problem and I thought it would have been addressed in the ota... but it actually got worse. I don't hate it.. but I don't love it either.

If you have WiFi enabled while listening via BT, it will do that. Try disabling WiFi if it is on while listening.

Reaction score
If you have WiFi enabled while listening via BT, it will do that. Try disabling WiFi if it is on while listening.
I don't use wifi driving around town so it can't be that. I tried every option possible that others recommended and it still does it. Others report it happens in less frequency randomly. Sometimes I get 2 a minute. And on other days it goes once every 5. But it never disappears :(

portermac

Reaction score
I don't use wifi driving around town so it can't be that. I tried every option possible that others recommended and it still does it. Others report it happens in less frequency randomly. Sometimes I get 2 a minute. And on other days it goes once every 5. But it never disappears :(

Mine did that on 3g but when my area got 4g the problem was gone. Are you on 3g??