Anybody find a fix for the deleted yahoo apks?

Extremeconcepts

Reaction score
I've been searching and searching and as of now I haven't found a fix. Anybody figured it out yet? TIA.

Deleted after my original root. Figuring out how to get around it so far, but annoying at best.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
Yes. Flash a completely new ROM with RSD Lite.

thats what i did.....

eidian

Reaction score
You have options now. You can flash the fastboot files via RSD Lite which will take you back to 744 and from there you can OTA to 748 then to 173. The beauty of this method is that you keep your setup (no factory wipe required).

Or you can download the RAZR utility which looks pretty good. I downloaded the lite version to check it out and it's as simple to use as people say. The advantage of this method is that you can get to stock 173 but you will lose everything because this method will wipe the internal memory.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

OP
E

Extremeconcepts

Reaction score
every time I tried to use rsd lite, it hung up. Droid utility didn't work either, it kept telling me that it couldn't find the path specified.

Wasn't sure if anyone just straight up had the apk or not

eidian

Reaction score
every time I tried to use rsd lite, it hung up. Droid utility didn't work either, it kept telling me that it couldn't find the path specified.

Wasn't sure if anyone just straight up had the apk or not

Are your Motorola drivers up to date? It's totally worth it to check because those options are the cleanest and fastest ways to update/revert the phone.

I think that it was in the xda forum where I read that the zipped update files contain all of the apk's. So if you have a lot of time to waste, you can go into the zip file and look for it and then dump it into the directory.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

OP
E

Extremeconcepts

Reaction score
Droid utility 1.4 doesn't find the "path specified"

RSD lite hangs up when it starts trying to flash. Flash failed.

Motorola drivers are up to date.

Booting into AP Fastboot

Anything I'm trying is failing.

My question about finding the APK is that even if i find it, where do I then place it?

Daxeroth

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Photon 4G
You copy the files to SD and then move using root browser to system/app, change permission for each file you put there to "rw--r--r", that is:
Owner: read, write
Group: read
Others: read
Hope this helps, lemme know