Attn: all themers new ADW theme Template FTW

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
for those of you that make themes ADW has released a new theme template that will really complete your theme. there is a Shade.xml that you can and a color shade to the app drawer so no matter what app your users load they will all have the same tone to it!!! you have to build the theme in Eclipse!

here are screens for my Incognito Theme!! now Get to Work!!!!

y2qGo.png

DhunY.png

2QxAU.png

2QxAU.png

here is the Link to the Template

Secure source code hosting and collaborative development - GitHub

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i been trying to figure this out but evertime i load the templete directory into eclipse i get some errors, not familier with eclipse. any idea or links that will teach me

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What errors are you getting

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
stuff about R cannot be used as variable or something like that, im really new with eclipse,can we do this with a different way.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
is there a guide anywhere, what im looking to do is just add a custom color font. so i dont have to keep doing it my self on each adw update, right now i have to decompile it,change some xmls,compile and sign and install, just to achieve a golden font color on apps names

after renameing x.x.x to com.sneaky.zekey.theme . after that i have 3 errors.
“class x.x.x does not exist” “error: No resource identifier found for attribute ‘installLocation’ in package ‘android’”
“R cannot be resolved to a variable.”

Last edited:
OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
is there a guide anywhere, what im looking to do is just add a custom color font. so i dont have to keep doing it my self on each adw update, right now i have to decompile it,change some xmls,compile and sign and install, just to achieve a golden font color on apps names

after renameing x.x.x to com.sneaky.zekey.theme . after that i have 3 errors.
“class x.x.x does not exist” “error: No resource identifier found for attribute ‘installLocation’ in package ‘android’”
“R cannot be resolved to a variable.”

Sneaky Sorry was in Vegas for 3 days im back home and Can help you out better! how far have you gotten? there are three places you need to change x.x.x to your new theme name check the android manifest.xml and the java file. if you double click on the errors it will take you to the error itself. hit me up on gtalk if you run into anymore issues!!!

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i havent gotten much farther, these are my errors now,after renameing the x.x.x and i choosed the option to update subs, seemed to fix some errors

error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android'
error: R cannot be resolved to a variable (3 of these)

what is your gtalk info,pm me it

BuglessFan

Reaction score
It may not be the best way, but when I switched the target to Froyo (and update the min-level to 8 (I think in the manifest) it automatically included R appropriately and let me build.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
It may not be the best way, but when I switched the target to Froyo (and update the min-level to 8 (I think in the manifest) it automatically included R appropriately and let me build.
well that seemed to help.thanks, now the template is loaded successfully and all the x.x.x have been renamed, now to figure out how to edits it to my likings, i see how to add a font but id like to add a colored font

edit: nevermind i got it, successfully built my first one, now time to get a little deeper into it, that was easy after getting rid of the R error
edit2: since i changed the platform to 2.2 will this not work on lower platforms

Last edited:

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
so far i have changed the theme_preview and wallpaper images, i changed the font colors for both the desktop and app launcher, im stuck on the icons and shader

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so far i have changed the theme_preview and wallpaper images, i changed the font colors for both the desktop and app launcher, im stuck on the icons and shader

I forgot to update my pic!

so here its is!!

H7ERm.png

Sneaky hit me up on Gtalk [email protected]

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
so do you have insight on the custum icon pack and shader.xml

edit i just saw your gtalk info

ffej89

Reaction score
This theme alone makes me want root even more. Looks great bgill