Linear For Gem

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Thanks for the release, really wanted to use this but the same bugs I mentioned a few pages back are still there on the D1, namely the battery icon has two percentage overlays one of which is static and is whatever percentage you were at when you turned the phone on. Also in landscape the lockscreen sliders are visible as well and the phone still runs hotter for me than it does with stock 2.0.2.

I don't think those are bugs, sounds exclusive to your phone.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did that however the static battery percentage stays in the battery icon, so instead of getting an overlay it's whatever your battery was at when you turn the phone on, doesn't change until it gets rebooted. Yeah the temp thing is weird, its the stock gem kernel on both so not sure why that's happening.

Well any changed to the Services.jar requires a reboot. IE clock color changing the battery % . are you saying after a reboot after turning them off it stays stuck??

Yeah after a reboot I still had the battery % stuck. You're supposed to be able to turn off the battery% correct and just have the bars? I was unable to get that to work at all.

well what you are doing is turning the Roms Battery %'s off we still have them built in to the theme so when you turn them off you will get rid of the overlay. so when you reboot yes the %'s will be the same give it some time and it will go down as your battery discharges! Make sense?

gambit07

Reaction score
Well any changed to the Services.jar requires a reboot. IE clock color changing the battery % . are you saying after a reboot after turning them off it stays stuck??

Yeah after a reboot I still had the battery % stuck. You're supposed to be able to turn off the battery% correct and just have the bars? I was unable to get that to work at all.

well what you are doing is turning the Roms Battery %'s off we still have them built in to the theme so when you turn them off you will get rid of the overlay. so when you reboot yes the %'s will be the same give it some time and it will go down as your battery discharges! Make sense?

Ah gotcha, so there's no way to turn off the battery% in the theme? Yeah that makes more sense although it was reporting 10% when the battery under settings was at 5% after I turned off the rom battery% and did a reboot so I'm not sure it's reporting it correctly. I'll test it again tomorrow and see if it will work

gambit07

Reaction score
Thanks for the release, really wanted to use this but the same bugs I mentioned a few pages back are still there on the D1, namely the battery icon has two percentage overlays one of which is static and is whatever percentage you were at when you turned the phone on. Also in landscape the lockscreen sliders are visible as well and the phone still runs hotter for me than it does with stock 2.0.2.

I don't think those are bugs, sounds exclusive to your phone.

Yeah I'm not sure, I'm coming from a clean install though with data/cache wiped and nothing else installed on the phone. Haha maybe linear just hates my phone

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gambit turn on the rotary lockscreen and tell me if you have the same issue with the unlock in landscape. I see the fix for it on the non-rotary screen I think.

Is haptic feedback fixed? We do not have a D1 to test this with we run DXs so we are doing this blind.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gambit07

Reaction score
Gambit turn on the rotary lockscreen and tell me if you have the same issue with the unlock in landscape. I see the fix for it on the non-rotary screen I think.

Is haptic feedback fixed? We do not have a D1 to test this with we run DXs so we are doing this blind.

Not sure got class this morning and went back to my cm7 backup, I'll test both of those after I'm done though

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Not sure got class this morning and went back to my cm7 backup, I'll test both of those after I'm done though

OK thanks that download is just the fix for sliders it isn't the whole theme.

jbrock98

Reaction score
Anyone flash the linear themed market? After flashing it the market was running really slow, I bought the linear adw theme it downloaded but didn't install & when I tried re-searching bsthemes it just kept saying loading & loading(3g & wifi) so I cleared market data rebooted & now constant force closes market won't even open....any ideas?

PS - on OGdroid

Sent from my Droid

gambit07

Reaction score

OK thanks that download is just the fix for sliders it isn't the whole theme.

Okay some more feedback, lockscreen sliders are fixed with your update. Battery icon is still reporting wrong percentage, not sure if it's reporting at all but I'm going to try to run it down here some. Another issue that has happened both times I've installed linear now is the market is FC'ing, Im gunna adb a file explorer try to get rid of the stock market with tb and flash a new one, see if I can get it working. Also yes the haptic feedback for the capacitive keys is working if that's what you mean

gambit07

Reaction score
Okay tried uninstalling the market with titanium backup and flashing another market that has worked for me before but it's still a no go, market constantly fc's.

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you are saying wrong% do you mean compared to what cvpcs written code shows? Our battery is based off of the framework and how it reports........Have you tried wiping battery stats from CMrecovery? That might make them sync up.

Market issue try going to settings/applications/view all/ select market/press clear cache then clear data. Then open market and except terms and see if it works.

gambit07

Reaction score
When you are saying wrong% do you mean compared to what cvpcs written code shows? Our battery is based off of the framework and how it reports........Have you tried wiping battery stats from CMrecovery? That might make them sync up.

Market issue try going to settings/applications/view all/ select market/press clear cache then clear data. Then open market and except terms and see if it works.

Okay battery works now, when I would first flash linear the battery would report 10% higher than what the system was reporting, after running it down to the next lowest increment (90-80) it starts reporting fine. Market I definitely tried all that already but it's a no go for me.

gambit07

Reaction score
Annnd one more time, did a complete wipe, made sure market worked with regular gem, installed the theme, market is fc'ing after data/cache clear. Everything else seems to be working though