[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

cdiddy4224

Reaction score
Im stuck...im doing the auto-root but its hanging at "adb server is out of date. killing..." Where do i go from here?

Here are the screen shots:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

smmfc

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem except mine won't even get that far it hang a few times and says device offline

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Look at this part of the original post.

ADB replacement files Download:

Download and unzip file Place the conent of the folder; 3 files, in the Tb auto root folder...only the 3 files not the whole folder, this will replace the 3 old files

There is a download link there. vfollow those instructions and you'll be good to go.

cdiddy4224

Reaction score
well i went to ADB's site and they recommended checking taskmaster and killing adb. I had 3 instances running, killed 2 and all of a sudden it started running again.

THe program said phone is going to reboot, then something like a line and complete

Problem is i dont think it rooted successfully

Where would i pickup when trying to unroot with those files...start from the beginning?

Last edited:

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I would just pick up from the beginning. it nay say can't push buaybox if it was successful the first time but it will keep going.

hesham1

Reaction score
i am trying now on my replacement TB. on my previous TB i used the manual method. On this one i get stuck on "pushing RUU" for about 6 minutes, then a bunch of messages appear in the dos screen but i cant catch it before it closes on me. so far unsuccessful. My TB has the most current ota update

wooddale

Reaction score
If you would have used the three step method you would of been done and rooted all Ibhere is problems with that method

jacrx17

Reaction score
Will this method work on 1.70.605 fhe last ota update or is there a different thread or link?Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kelly

Reaction score
i keep getting "adb not recognized as internal or external command operable program or batch file" instead of my phones serial number at the beginning, i have the latest htc sync downloaded..but with that it says no phone found... dont know if that has anything to do with it

HarleyChick

Reaction score
WooHoo - it worked!

I just wanted to say that I used this method to root my post 7/8 update TBolt yesterday and it worked! I was nervous as hell as I have never rooted a phone before (although I rooted my NookColor months ago), but the OP was right - if you get all the downloads and follow the instructions on the screen TO THE LETTER, it works!

Now if I can just get this custom ROM thing down..... :)

kelly

Reaction score
With the auto UNroot if i have cyanogenmod 7 as a rom, do i need to take that rom off before using the auto unroot or even manual unroot?