Badger Stopped Working

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I have an issue with the droid maxx, I don't get the counts on gmail, text messaging, etc. I was getting an error a while back after I rebooted my phone that said that "Unfortunately, badger has stopped working" which I took to mean that the number badges wouldn't show up.

A FDR will fix this issue for a short time, normally until I reboot my phone again, but isn't a permanent fix.

Anyone else experiencing / has experienced the same issue? Any ideas for permanent fixes?

rjom

Reaction score
Yes, this started happening to me within the last week. Unfortunately, I do not have a fix, but hope someone will know how to correct the Badger stopped working problem. Not sure why it stopped working after working flawlessly for so long.

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Ice been asking this question for months with no answer, not holding my breath for one now!!!

rjom

Reaction score
I went to a Verizon store. They knew it was Badger, but were not able to figure out how to fix it. They said wait for a new phone update and that might do it.

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
The only fix I've found is to do a factory reset and to make sure I never reboot my phone, but that seems extreme

doogald

Reaction score
One workaround is to stop using the stock launcher and install one like Nova Launcher Prime. With Nova you can install the TeslaUnread plugin, which will badge all of the apps that can be badged.

I usually run with Nova, but occasionally switch back to the stock launcher. The last two times I did I had a spontaneous reboot and one sort of soft reboot which basically restarted Android without a full restart of the phone. That never happens to me on Nova.

doogald

Reaction score
One thing that I should have mentioned that badger does that you lose with Nova - badger changes the calendar app's icon to show today's day of the month. Of course, the other thing that you lose with an alternate launcher is the Droid Command Center "circles" widget - that only works with the stock launcher. The circles widget is ok, but I think it only looks good with that red square default wallpaper. Once I changed to something else, it started looking pretty bad. And I can live without the current day on the calendar icon (though I do hope that Google adds this as a feature in Android going forward. It is useful to a small degree.)

rjom

Reaction score
Yes, this started happening to me within the last week. Unfortunately, I do not have a fix, but hope someone will know how to correct the Badger stopped working problem. Not sure why it stopped working after working flawlessly for so long.
Well, four months later and Badger just started working again yesterday. Two days straight without having to reboot the phone. Hope it remains that way. No explanation. Got an error message on another app, but nothing that I can pinpoint about why it started working all of a sudden.

jimh1999

Reaction score
If you still have a problem with Badger, try this:
go to settings\apps\motlauncher
clear cache and data.
you will need to set up launcher icons again but you won't lose any data.

jfriend33

Reaction score
If you still have a problem with Badger, try this:
go to settings\apps\motlauncher
clear cache and data.
you will need to set up launcher icons again but you won't lose any data.
Darn. Got me excited. This didn't work for me. It's not the end of the world though with active notifications...

jimh1999

Reaction score
This is what I did to get my Badger working again,
Cleared data and cache in Badger and Motlauncher in settings\apps
Wiped delvik and cache from TWRP recovery,
Clearing Motlauncher was the last thing I tried and it worked on my Droid Maxx.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Go figure after I upgrade to the lg g3 the badger service starts working again lol.