battery door issues

big.daddy

Reaction score
i have been currently carrying my droid uncovered in my pocket. the battery door always seems to come off or be in the process of coming off when i pull it out of my pocket. Has anyone else experienced this? i dont want to accidentally bend one of the hooks on the battery door.

M

Matth3w

Yes, it happens to a lot of people. Verizon/Moto were giving out three free battery doors (why 3 at a time I have no clue) and ran out quicker than a bakery in a town full of fat people.

For those of us that didn't get on that train before it left the station, there are a couple different fixes. One of them involves slightly bending the metal part at the top (just under the camera section) up ever so slightly...or there is what I do, which is put a business card folded in half under the battery which makes it solid as a rock.

fix battery door droid - Google Search

ShowTime

Reaction score
A loose battery cover is actually a pretty common Droid issue. Mine personally is an incredibly tight fit, to the point where the one time it came off (dropped it and it, along with the battery, went flying) and tried to put it back on, I about couldn't even get it back on. But I know many many others are not as lucky. Might wanna try searching, someone else might have a remedy.

OP
B

big.daddy

Reaction score
Yes, it happens to a lot of people. Verizon/Moto were giving out three free battery doors (why 3 at a time I have no clue) and ran out quicker than a bakery in a town full of fat people.

For those of us that didn't get on that train before it left the station, there are a couple different fixes. One of them involves slightly bending the metal part at the top (just under the camera section) up ever so slightly...or there is what I do, which is put a business card folded in half under the battery which makes it solid as a rock.

fix battery door droid - Google Search

i'll give it a try. Thanks!