Black Lock Screen

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the lock screen background all black. I tried taking a picture with the lens covered up. Looks completely black in the gallery, but when i Set As Lock Screen Wallpaper it is a mix of black and grey. I have a family pic as my home-screen background, and don't like photos as the lock screen because the look washed out. Ideas?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
equ9y5a8.jpg

See if this works for you

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Thanks, That's a little better than what i have, but still shades of grey. I dont understant why a black background isnt just an option. Silly.
equ9y5a8.jpg

See if this works for you

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

WestOkid

Reaction score
Thanks, That's a little better than what i have, but still shades of grey. I dont understant why a black background isnt just an option. Silly.
If you actually have a completely black wallpaper (i included 1) and it still looks washed out its because you have the Ripple effect on. This is when you swipe and it looks like a water ripple. Go into settings -> lock screen options and uncheck Ripple effect. Your picture will now look exactly like they were taken.
http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/207686/vampire-freaks-plain-black.jpg
vampire-freaks-plain-black.jpg

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
If you actually have a completely black wallpaper (i included 1) and it still looks washed out its because you have the Ripple effect on. This is when you swipe and it looks like a water ripple. Go into settings -> lock screen options and uncheck Ripple effect. Your picture will now look exactly like they were taken.
That did it. Thanks for the help. Strange that the effect would change the image.

Last edited:

WestOkid

Reaction score
NP. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2