Can't make calls. Stays in Airplane Mode??? Need help

Wood.A1985

Reaction score
So I decided to root my Droid 2 and then flash Liberty onto my phone. Now it won't make calls or send txt. I've tried dialing *228 to activate but it won't activate. It comes up with "To place a call, first turn off Airplane mode." I've looked at the *#*#4386#*#* and looked and phone info and it all says unknown. Please help me.

Try a battery pull.....worked for me. Had to do it 2 times, then the 228 and it worked out.

Sent from my Droid

I've tried several battery pulls. No dice. Thanks for the quick replay tho.

Dang, was hopin that would work out. I'm not much help on a D2 as I have a D1. Surely someone with more knowledge on it will show up, if not sounds like its time to sbf back to stock and start over...

Sent from my Droid

You would think so....I'm pulling my hair out over here it's been like this for like the last 5 hours and i've triend everything and looked all i can but can't find anything on it.. I tried SBF back the default ota and it gives a flash failed error somthing about not being able to send JUMP command. Very frustrating

So I figured it out...I didn't really think there was a differnce between the global and the regular droid 2 phones but there is and you can't put droid 2 roms on on to droid 2 global phones.

Yup, I have heard that. Glad u got it figured out! Sux when ur phone doesn't work!

Sent from my Droid

Wood u can flash the romer tool found on the droid 2g boards under get r done roms on the liberty 2 rom and it will work

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Back