Case for droid 2 w/ verizon extended batt?

neal121

I recently purchased the verizon extended battery that has the replacement battery cover that is just barely bigger than the original. Yet it won't fit on the otterbox case anymore I have because of it. Anyone know of cases that will fit?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

vincent518

I ran my d2 without the cover with the otterbox case and it worked just fine the ext battery never came loose or moved around.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

neal121

I tried that but it won't snap on all the way. I then switch to the original batt and it fits. (Yes. Won't snap together on one sid without ext batt cover)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
There are extended battery cases available on eBay.

OP
N

neal121

Link? I found a ton for the Droid x but none for Droid 2

JessIsOK

Not sure if you're interested or not, but I have the silicone/formed rubber case from Verizon and it fits over my extended battery with the door on with no problems. Here's the link.

Jess

Yeah +1 for the afore mentioned rubber. Only issue is it doesn't come with a holster and after several months of searching I have been unable to find one. Does anyone have any ideas?

Haley

Ah I was just about to order an extended battery + cover on amazon when this exact thought crossed my mind...Will my cover/case still fit? Either way, I think it would be worth it for the extra battery life..so I guess I'll just use the back part of the case when I have the std battery in?