Cases that will fit D2 with an extended battery?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Anyone know of any cases that will fit? I went to both verizon and best buy and niether place had anything that would work.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
The rocketfish case at Best Buy will work with the extended battery, you just have to leave the battery door off. Mine works really well.

KingLo

Reaction score
Verizon sells a hard case/ belt clip that covers the extended battery. only thing is you cant put the phone in the clip with the screen facing out anymore

BeetleTX

Reaction score
I got the BodyGlove case and it fit (barely). Very nice case!

Boyd-Droid

Reaction score
I got a case from Verizon when I got my D2. Its a belt clip holster with an included case/skin. I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like is the clip will snap off when too much pressure is applied, like it hits the armrest of a chair. It snaps back on but you have to line it up right and apply quite a bit of pressure. My first one snapped off twice in 2 days so I took it back to Verizon and after an initial reluctance and trying to convince me to get the BodyGlove they finally replaced the holster. If the new one continues to separate I'll consider something else. I've never been a BodyGlove fan, I don't think that scuba suit material is the best stuff to make a case from.

gdpenney

Reaction score
Found a belt case at Walmart that my D2 with extended battery and cover fits very nicely.

amujee

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Premium Rubberized Hard Snap-on Case Cover for Motorola Droid 2 - Black: Electronics

less than 5 bucks shipped, fits with extended batt, is made 4 it . love mine. its no otter box
but its best case out imo

Do you remember which seller you bought the case from? The reviews seem mixed on the actual product that's received. The first pic shows a case with what appears to be a hump to accommodate the extended battery and cover, but the other pictures look like the standard case. I'm guessing it depends on which seller you buy from.

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Premium Rubberized Hard Snap-on Case Cover for Motorola Droid 2 - Black: Electronics

less than 5 bucks shipped, fits with extended batt, is made 4 it . love mine. its no otter box
but its best case out imo

Do you remember which seller you bought the case from? The reviews seem mixed on the actual product that's received. The first pic shows a case with what appears to be a hump to accommodate the extended battery and cover, but the other pictures look like the standard case. I'm guessing it depends on which seller you buy from.

Just so you know you can use any case with the extended battery if you just take the battery door off. The battery fits so tightly in the compartment that it can't move/come loose, and no debris can work its way in there. I work construction and have had my phone like this for almost two months with no problems. I use a seidio innocase, which I can't recommend highly enough.

amujee

Reaction score
Just so you know you can use any case with the extended battery if you just take the battery door off. The battery fits so tightly in the compartment that it can't move/come loose, and no debris can work its way in there. I work construction and have had my phone like this for almost two months with no problems. I use a seidio innocase, which I can't recommend highly enough.

Thanks, I'm aware that you can do that, but I was concerned about getting dust in the battery compartment without a cover. But since you've had no problem with it, I'll give it a try. It'll save me from having to purchase a separate extended cover since I bought the battery only for cheaper.