CM7 Wireless Tethering?

bwhite757

Reaction score
Anybody gotten it to work, if so assistance would be great. Since it's still on the Froyo Kernel I would've thought the VZW issues would be taken care of, but I can't get any tethering to work on it at all..

:-(

OP
bwhite757

bwhite757

Reaction score
Nevermind, Wireless Tether 3.0 didn't work, but 2.0.7 is working fine...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest Barnacle. Wireless Tether has gone downhill.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Barnacle never worked for me... Wireless tether 2.0.7 works flawlessly

Sent From My Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Just checked my data usage for this billing cycle... 30gig woot

ahC_hED

Reaction score
^ haha. I cut my net off this month to save a little money, and used the wireless tether but I'm not even 10% of that.

OP
bwhite757

bwhite757

Reaction score

Don't take this the wrong way, but people like you are going to be the reason VZW is going to go tiered service one of these days. There's no reason to use 30gigs of usage on a phone's plan. I stream music around 5 hours a day, and use my phone heavily throughout the rest of the day, and the most I've ever used is 4 gigs.

Sent from my CM7-D2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Don't take this the wrong way, but people like you are going to be the reason VZW is going to go tiered service one of these days. There's no reason to use 30gigs of usage on a phone's plan. I stream music around 5 hours a day, and use my phone heavily throughout the rest of the day, and the most I've ever used is 4 gigs.

Sent from my CM7-D2

I agree. I tether on occasion and still manage to keep my data usage to under 1gb. There's no reason to use 30 gigs. That's absurd.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tiered is coming, July 7 I believe. It's all over but the shouting...

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Don't have internet at home.
Download a new nightly everyday.
Netflix every night.
PS3 updating and gaming.
Share my hotspot at work, alot.

I use my phone as its advertised that I should.
Unlimited data means just that.
I hate corporate greed.

Sent From My OC'd Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

C

Communisum

just checked my data usage for this billing cycle... 30gig woot

sent from my supercharged chainfired cyanogenated droid x

don't take this the wrong way, but people like you are going to be the reason vzw is going to go tiered service one of these days. There's no reason to use 30gigs of usage on a phone's plan. I stream music around 5 hours a day, and use my phone heavily throughout the rest of the day, and the most i've ever used is 4 gigs.

Sent from my cm7-d2

+1 .

louy99

Reaction score
just checked my data usage for this billing cycle... 30gig woot

sent from my supercharged chainfired cyanogenated droid x

don't take this the wrong way, but people like you are going to be the reason vzw is going to go tiered service one of these days. There's no reason to use 30gigs of usage on a phone's plan. I stream music around 5 hours a day, and use my phone heavily throughout the rest of the day, and the most i've ever used is 4 gigs.

Sent from my cm7-d2

+1 .

+2

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Don't have internet at home.
Download a new nightly everyday.
Netflix every night.
PS3 updating and gaming.
Share my hotspot at work, alot.

I use my phone as its advertised that I should.
Unlimited data means just that.
I hate corporate greed.

Sent From My OC'd Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

If your fine with paying the bill then I don't see why he can't do what he wants. You can't just blame people for what Verizons doing. Maybe in their eyes this will be better for everyone and not just "were doing it for people that heavily heavily use their phone". But back on topic I've used barnacle and it hasn't been that bad. A few lags here and there because it switches from 3g to 1x every so often. Maybe I'll try what you guys are using.

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

daggar

Reaction score

Don't take this the wrong way, but people like you are going to be the reason VZW is going to go to closed-system phones with no expandability. There's no reason to use third-party ROMs or unauthorized versions of Android. You're voiding your warranty, violating your ToS, circumventing the dozens of superficial controls VZW built into your phone, and make the VZW shareholders cry.

If they don't mean "Unlimited" then they shouldn't say it. I'm doubt you'd complain every time VZW uses legal intimidation, loopholes and outright lying to exploit their customer base, but apparently people operating by the terms of their contract is some moral infringement. Apologists who stand up for the rights of corporate entities over their fellow human beings always baffle me.