Comparison: DROID Vs. DROID 2 Vs. DROID X Vs. Incredible

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Looks like Verizon is trying to sell a rooted Droid 1 as a new phone!

The 1GHZ OMAP processor will easily outperform the Droid's OMAP overclocked to 1GHZ. The hertz aren't the only contributor to performance.

It looks like a great update overall--not enough to warrant an early upgrade from me, though. Hell, I'm not even a year into my contract!

Same here, but it gives me a year to get excited about whatever might be available then!

frozty

any one have details on the processors on droid X, and 2 compared to droid 1. As far as we know it could be a slightly different processor overclocked.

ive read from multiple webistes that the Droid 2 will only have a 750 mhz processor not a 1ghz... so i guess that can be added to the list of incorrect information

Well all im saying is his" chart" he posted to show the differences is incorrect. I have a driod x in my hands that has 512 mb of ram not 256. So how am i to believe any other specs on it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

solution

Ok so I see that some information on the chart is incorrect but I'm wondering if the resolution for the DX is actual. I went to my local shop and looked at one and I noticed right away the icons were freaking huge. One would hope with a bigger screen one would be able to fit more icons/widgets on the screen. :icon_eek:

Big Lou

Ok so I see that some information on the chart is incorrect but I'm wondering if the resolution for the DX is actual. I went to my local shop and looked at one and I noticed right away the icons were freaking huge. One would hope with a bigger screen one would be able to fit more icons/widgets on the screen. :icon_eek:

No Android phone will ever have more than a 4x4 grid for icons/widgets--at least, not stock. There are a variety of homescreen apps that allow for up to 8x8 (haven't seen more than that), but then you get into problems with widgets displaying properly. The DX may have a larger screen, but its resolution is the same as the original Droid.

Terrordactyl

To me it appears as if The D2 is a downgrade from the DX... The DX has 3 more megapixels and a bigger screen. If the D2 cant match the 1 ghtz processor of the DX then whats the point of releasing a newer phone that cant even beat its brother? I am eligible for an upgrade and im leaning towards the DX as of now, but my D1 has been completely loyal to me and i have grown accustomed to the physical keyboard. So the D2 is still an option if it can make a fighting comeback. (Note: D2 is confirmed to have froyo, and DX doesnt have the date planned) so its 3-1, DX winning

Jejackson

Imagine what the Droid line up will be once the 2 year contract is up for the original Droid... Wait it out it'll be worth it!