Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

dmartin1972

Reaction score
Is there a new file if you have the 30.04 bootloader yet? Thats what I have.

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
I put RSD 4.8, Motorola 32 bit usb drivers, and 2.3.340.sbf on a Windows XP machine and all worked flawlessly. As has been stated before, Windows 7 64 bit has issues with flashing sbf file.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Is this a full 2.3.340 sbf? Also I use windows 7 64 bit all the time with no issues, just make sure you have the 64 bit drivers. Another thing I do is hook up my phone first then launch rsd, again no issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CHP

Reaction score
tried using sudo. still not working :/ should i try redownloading the sbf?

EDIT: tried redownloading. still didn't work. could it be the fact that i am using a VM...?

Last edited:
OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
could be, try using the ubuntu live cd. could be a problem with the vm detecting the android device

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Is there a new file if you have the 30.04 bootloader yet? Thats what I have.

team black hat has a 2.2.1 full sbf. that's what I used on my 30.04 phone. it's a paid app but it's worth it (plus you should support those devs, they work hard)

CHP

Reaction score
it must have been the fact that it was a VM. Ran it through a live cd and it went perfectly. :D though i managed to do it through a VM before somehow... anyways. IT WORKED dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

THANK YOU SO MUCH

ATL_nokio

Reaction score
I just tried to do this today and now i'm having a error on my bootloader. I get the following:

Bootloader
Err:A5, 70, 70, 00,00

New_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Can someone please help.

FYI I was on the new update that just rolled out a few days ago before i did this.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Which sbf did you use? As stated in the tut 30.04 requires a special .sbf. Tbh has the one you need. There's also a way to downgrade, but im no expert on that.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Yeah, as stated, that one wont work. You'll need to downgrade or use tbhs 2.2.1 sbf. Contact Abe for downgrade help if you go that route

ATL_nokio

Reaction score
Sorry i'm a noob at some of this what is tbhs 2.2.1 sbf? I'd hate to mess up my phone more then it is already. Is there a link that you could point me to?