Detailed Safestrap Instructions

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Sort of.

CM9 is a compilation of the source code from AOSP with modifications made by the Cyanogen Mod team. Eclipse, I'm pretty sure, is GB based, where's CM9 is ICS based.

Sent from my rooted .904 BIONIC running CM9 Nightlies via Tapatalk 2

JudyChop

Reaction score
Ok, I have ANOTHER problem. This time, I don't know what I did. I was booting back and forth between safe and unsafe mode, trying to copy my homescreens, but when I just went to load back up in safe mode, it said an error had occurred. Then when I rebooted in unsafe mode, the whole phone had been reset. Like back to factory settings. What do I do. I was thinking about doing a system restore, but wasn't sure. Thought I'd better come to yall first. :/

JudyChop

Reaction score
I used the system restore and was able to fix my unsafe side, even though I can't make calls now for some reason?, but I still don't have access to the safe side. Anyone know what's going on?

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I used the system restore and was able to fix my unsafe side, even though I can't make calls now for some reason?, but I still don't have access to the safe side. Anyone know what's going on?
You may have to uninstall recovery through safestrap, reinstall recovery. And you may have to delete your safstrap folder on the internal sdcard.

JudyChop

Reaction score
What would that do? Isn't recovery just for the unsafe side? My unsafe is working fine. (Because I used my recovery to fix it)

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
If you can't access the safe side, something is wrong with your revovery. Doing what i posted should let you access your safe side again

JudyChop

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as arguing with you. I trust you, just was wondering exactly what I was doing for educational sakes. lol
Trying it now.

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as arguing with you. I trust you, just was wondering exactly what I was doing for educational sakes. lol
Trying it now.
You did come across as arguing at all. The hopes is reinstalling recovery will fix the files that seem to be causing your issues.

JudyChop

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
I just did that and it let me get into safe mode, but nothing is loading. I'm just getting a black screen like I did the first time when I didn't have a ROM loaded. Should I just repeat the steps at the beginning of this post and reload the ROM?

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
I just did that and it let me get into safe mode, but nothing is loading. I'm just getting a black screen like I did the first time when I didn't have a ROM loaded. Should I just repeat the steps at the beginning of this post and reload the ROM?
Yeah, wipe data/cache/system and reflash your rom.

jickracer007

Reaction score
I had to uninstall and reinstall and now I can't get to safe side toggle. It start back up but says error on back up data.
And suggestions?

jcw122

Reaction score
The fastboot file host is down! Anyone have a copy of the fastboot file?