Droid 2 Global Unboxing PICS

IslesFan

Theres another thread with someone posting a system dump:

SGMD1: It's basically downloading the entire filesystem off the rooted droid.

ColdSmit

Has anyone tried Easy Tether on the D2G. I 've had good luck with it on my HTC incred, but i'm upgrading to the global now that i'min Greenland and need GSM service

loki993

Is the keyboard different than the standard Droid 2? It looks like it. It looks like it has real buttons as opposed to the rubber keyboard thing the regular droid and droid 2 has, or is that just the camera playing tricks?

I went into the verizon store today to look at one, but all they had was a Pro, which I wanted to see as well and the regular Driod 2 which has the rubber keyboard, which I dont like.

Shiv

2 sim slots or one sim slot

Hello SGDM1,

I wish to know if the Motorola Droid 2 Gloabl has 2 sim slots , one for CDMA and for GSM or its just one sim slot which can be either used for GSM or CDMA. My main concern is that Does the CDMA & GSM both works simultaneously at the same time on the Motorola Droid 2 Global

If not then is there an Android phone with CDMA & GSM Phone networks working simultaneously at the same time that anyone is aware of?

All please feel free to help.

Is there such a phone that uses both CDMA and GSM simultaneously? And I know there is protocol in place to support CDMA "SIM cards", but as far as I knew, nobody has implemented it. But I can tell you for certain, there is only one SIM slot in this phone, and it is very much for the GSM.

Shiv

I have a phone which supports CDMA & GSM Sim cards simultaneously but it is not a smartphone and In india companins have implemented CDMA sim cards since log time , I am not sure about any other place

Shiv

But thanks apolly for anwwering my question that it contains only one sime card slot but I believe then it is for CDMA as well as GSM after looking at the Tech Specs of Motorola Droid 2 Global

Nah. It's only for GSM. However, the phone obviously works on American CDMA networks. I've been using it on CDMA since I got it. I could pull the SIM right now and still get service here in America. My Blackberry was the same way. It needed the SIM (Vodafone) for use in Europe and I assume "other" parts of the world.