Droid Bionic Hands On

It looks exactly like the D3 in that picture, but in other pictures I've seen it looks completely different. I liked the pics we saw from Amazon, but I think those may have been photoshopped now.

Well you know some people need to get their eyes checked. Some people can't tell the difference between a dog turd and a pot of gold. Photos can give false representations sometimes. A camera flash can cause some illusions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tell me if you guys are seeing what I'm seeing....in that pic of the supposed droid bionic that people seem to be saying is just a droid 3....look at the ear piece. Its a wayyy longer than the thin silver ear piece on the droid 3. Not to mention, there's a front facing camera to the LEFT of the earpiece. I'm looking at my droid 3 right now, yeah, the front facing camera is on the far RIGHT. Its not a droid 3. This is of course assuming it was not photoshopped.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Tell me if you guys are seeing what I'm seeing....in that pic of the supposed droid bionic that people seem to be saying is just a droid 3....look at the ear piece. Its a wayyy longer than the thin silver ear piece on the droid 3. Not to mention, there's a front facing camera to the LEFT of the earpiece. I'm looking at my droid 3 right now, yeah, the front facing camera is on the far RIGHT. Its not a droid 3. This is of course assuming it was not photoshopped.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yeah, I don't know why we go through this every time on this forum.

Yes, the Bionic resembles the Droid 3 from certain angles, but no it is NOT the Droid 3 in the leaked photos. It is definitely a different phone.

Brandon

A lil off topic, but do you guys think apps like mybackup pro are going to be needed with devices such as bionic and others down the road. Im debating buying it now basically to back up apps, but seems to me some devices have this already built in!? And Im not rooted so titanium is out... bottom line, is it worth still buying?

No body knows what the bionic looks like period. Anything else is pure guess work.

A lil off topic, but do you guys think apps like mybackup pro are going to be needed with devices such as bionic and others down the road. Im debating buying it now basically to back up apps, but seems to me some devices have this already built in!? And Im not rooted so titanium is out... bottom line, is it worth still buying?

If anything, MyBackup Pro is great for simply backing up system settings, sms/mms, call logs, home screen layouts, and music playlists (that's a biggie for me). As far as apps go, it's helpful, but Google's gotten much better at re-syncing apps. However, changing phones is still finicky with that stuff...

You don't need it. I went from my OG Droid to a Dinc2, returned it and back to the OG Droid and they apps synced perfectly. If you must Astro is free.
I do recommend SMS Pro for storing text. End of Hijack.

You don't need it. I went from my OG Droid to a Dinc2, returned it and back to the OG Droid and they apps synced perfectly. If you must Astro is free.
I do recommend SMS Pro for storing text. End of Hijack.

The apps synced perfectly with the Inc2, or just with the OG droid the 2nd time around?

Deactivated the D1 and activated the new Dinc2 and all my apps (Paid & Free) and contacts appeared on the Dinc2 in full and fully operational.
Deactivated the Dinc2 and activated my D1 and all was still well there. I did not do a wipe on the D1 when I deactivated it so they were most likely still there. But everything worked. No issues either way.

No body knows what the bionic looks like period. Anything else is pure guess work.

This is what the Bionic looks like, so we do know.

136667-droid-bionic.jpg

Are you sure that's not just a mock up? The knot reason why im questioning it cause its a great resolution pic of the phone and I can clearly see this thing is running dx2 froyo/blur. Looks nothing like gingerbread/blur. I can tell by the task bar at the top (or notification bar which ever its called) it does not look like its running the latest version that dx2 has. Could also just be an old.pick but its just nitpicking I guess.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Oh the UI is obviously photoshopped in, but the phone itself doesn't looked shopped at all.

Companies often use a fake image of the UI as it doesn't photograph well as we know.

It also matches the leaked pictures we've seen with the ring of metal around the edge.

droid-bionic1-600x448110606151920.png

That doesn't looked photoshoped but what blur is that. The calling app is completely redesigned. That's not the same blur although the notification bar at top the battery looks like the one from dx2 gingerbread/blur update. Could it be coming with 2.3.4? I saw stuff earlier in the year that it comes with 2.3.3 but that's obviously not the same blur.

That doesn't looked photoshoped but what blur is that. The calling app is completely redesigned. That's not the same blur although the notification bar at top the battery looks like the one from dx2 gingerbread/blur update. Could it be coming with 2.3.4? I saw stuff earlier in the year that it comes with 2.3.3 but that's obviously not the same blur.

From what I've been reading that it is coming with a different Blur. Different then the Blur of of the DX2 and Droid 3. What was said is that it did not have the shadows that the other 2 phones have.

Back