Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
This is a copy from droidrzr - thread here... Safely Frozen Apps - DroidRzr.com

As always, try/use at your own discretion... Never hurts to make a backup before making changes.

List copied 2/25, credit to tumbleweed65 on DroidRzr for his post (see above)...

Amazon Kindle
Android live walpaper
Apps 2.00.97
Backup assistant plus
Backup assistant
Backup assistant+Contacts
Backup assistant Media
Blockbuster
Books
Car Dock
Device Setup
Email
Email Accounts
Email Authenticator
Email engine.(Will not get text notifications.)
Emergency alerts
Facebook auth
Fixed email auth
Flicker Authenticator
Guided Tours
Gotomeating
Help center
Home Screen tips
IM
IM Presence
In Pocket
Lastfm Authenticator
Letsolf
LinkedIn Authenticator
Madden
Magic smoke wall
MotoActv
MotoPrint
Mobile hotspot
Mog music
Motion detector
Myfiles
Music store 2.3.6
My verizon mobile
NFL Mobile
Netflix
News
Orkut auth
Photibucket auth
Picasa Authenticator
Print to retail
Quickoffice
Social location
Social messaging
Socialessaging service
Social networking
Social status
Sound recorder
Swype
Skyrock Authenticator
Slacker
Slingbox
Talk
Task manager
Thumb keyboard
Twitter Authenticator
Verizon location agent
Vcast Tones
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigotor
Yahoo calander
Yahoo contacts
Youtube
Youtube Authenticator

Last edited:

Southpaw-Killa

Reaction score
If you freeze the yahoo stuff, you're calendar will start force closing. I'm not sure why, or if it's just my razr, but I've tried it a few times and it's consistent.

ddfuji

Reaction score
If you freeze the yahoo stuff, you're calendar will start force closing. I'm not sure why, or if it's just my razr, but I've tried it a few times and it's consistent.

it also screwed up my contacts too. yahoo isnt safe to freeze or remove

freezing or removing email stuff can break your contacts.

freezing or removing social location can break locating services used in maps facebook, and other google stuff. for example, when you are looking for a taco bell in your area and you open up your web browser and type in taco bell it will give you locations in a random state your not located in. same with your search results. wouldnt recommend removing or freezing

Last edited:

jviper6000

Reaction score
Froze yahoo contacts also defrosted but still FC

Hey yeah I froze the yahoo contacts as well because its on the list but now I am having the FC issue would anyone have a thread that would help me with this? I defrosted it but it still FC.
So I tried a system restore and now safestrap does not like my back up I made lol it tells me error restoring systemorig/ what is that **** about? Oh well but I would like to get this yahoo
contacts thing figured out. If anyone has a link or some personal experience please let me know. Thanks :biggrin:

jviper6000

Reaction score
Okay I got it working right after I posted this :happy3: coincidentally. For anyone that runs into this in the future I defrosted than went into Titanium backup to the backup restore tab where all of your user and system apps are and went to the yahoo contacts app and did two things not sure which did the trick, I selected the app than hit backup after that was done I selected it again and just hit restore. The other thing I did was I force closed it and then rebooted. Hope this makes sense I dont know what it may have done when I created the back up and restored it. maybe it changed the permissions who knows but it worked.

legomankev

Reaction score
Last night I froze the apps listed here and now my phone neither makes a sound nor notifies me of new text messages in any way. I still get the texts, But i have to make sure to remember to check them often. Does anyone know which apps I should defrost first to find the problem. Otherwise I can just defrost them all and figure it out. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

legomankev

Reaction score
I know there is a list floating around that says that Email engine is safe to freeze. This caused my phone to not alert me of new texts. Definitely dont freeze this.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I froze the following apps from the list, and somehow the combination resulted in Dolphin Browser being uninstalled:

Amazon Kindle
MOG Music
MOTOACTV
Music Store
NFL Mobile
Social Location
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigator

Has anyone else had the freezing of bloat coincide with mysterious disappearances of other apps? At least when I went to the store and reinstalled Dolphin, all my bookmarks were still there...

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ghostwheel said:
I froze the following apps from the list, and somehow the combination resulted in Dolphin Browser being uninstalled:

Amazon Kindle
MOG Music
MOTOACTV
Music Store
NFL Mobile
Social Location
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigator

Has anyone else had the freezing of bloat coincide with mysterious disappearances of other apps? At least when I went to the store and reinstalled Dolphin, all my bookmarks were still there...

I froze every one of those except social location. Still had dolphin afterwards. (although i recently got rid of it because i like the stock browser better now after ics)

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I froze every one of those except social location. Still had dolphin afterwards. (although i recently got rid of it because i like the stock browser better now after ics)

I'm pretty sure Flash got uninstalled by ICS itself, which seems to have happened to many people with the OTA. I haven't figured out why Dolphin went away yet, although now I'm doubting it was freezing those apps.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
It would be nice if someone would put together a new list. A lot of this doesn't apply after the ics update

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I need a certain app to freeze these or is it just done throughout the phone?

If you have ICS you dont need an app. Without it, you need root, and either an app like Titanium Backup or the willingness to explore the file system and change file names.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Caraujo11 said:
Do I need a certain app to freeze these or is it just done throughout the phone?

If you have ice cream sandwich you can do it on stock. But not the whole list. Otherwise you've have to be rooted