[ROM] Eclipse 2.2.2 .906

techdigital

Reaction score
Once adb is working you will be responsible for the only port of any eclipse with working adb im suprised more havent inquired about it, without adb your hands are tied in so many areas

Sent from my Toshiba THRiVE AT105 via Tapatalk

crackface

Reaction score
This is the first ROM I've tried with the D3, and I certainly like it a whole lot better than stock. I was having freezeups with 1.2, so I've been running 1.1 without issue....well, except for one - battery life seems to be less than desirable. For example, last night I went to bed with just wifi turned on, and woke up to 46% battery left.

A couple questions to this effect:
1. I saw the post that Eclipse 3.0 is coming soon. Any expectation that it has improved battery life, or is this purely due to the overclocking?
2. Whether I wait for 3.0, or go to the current non overclocked version, can I use Titanium to backup/restore all my settings/apps? It took me a few days on and off to reconfigure and install everything, and I'd prefer not to do that all again.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3.0 is out. Battery life is better but its not going to be "as good as" stock because more mhz = more voltage.

You can try to use SetCPU or another program of that sort to keep it turned down on screen off and such.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
This is the first ROM I've tried with the D3, and I certainly like it a whole lot better than stock. I was having freezeups with 1.2, so I've been running 1.1 without issue....well, except for one - battery life seems to be less than desirable. For example, last night I went to bed with just wifi turned on, and woke up to 46% battery left.

A couple questions to this effect:
1. I saw the post that Eclipse 3.0 is coming soon. Any expectation that it has improved battery life, or is this purely due to the overclocking?
2. Whether I wait for 3.0, or go to the current non overclocked version, can I use Titanium to backup/restore all my settings/apps? It took me a few days on and off to reconfigure and install everything, and I'd prefer not to do that all again.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

I'm running 3.0 overclocked to 1.2 at the moment. I get 6 to7 hours with heavy use. Meaning that I get that by hardly ever putting my phone down. I've let my phone sit for nearly 11 hours and had 70% battery left before I plugged it up to charge. That was with medium to light use. With data and WiFi enabled. I too sometimes reboot if I do too many things too quickly, but it doesn't bother me. Yet. I'm going to flash the non-overclocked version later on. The overclocked, as guidot explained, is the reason you're experiencing a short battery life. The 1.1 will have slightly to significantly better battery life, depending on your use, and the non-oc will have better than the 1.1 oc, again depending on your use.

I would go ahead and upgrade to 3.0. With it being a newer version, there have been pretty good battery tweaks (coding in the framework/build.prop that better utilies certain processes) that help to extend battery life. If your main concern is battery life, flash the 3.0 non-overclocked version. Or if you wish for a slight mix of both, go with 3.0 1.1 oc.

Yes, Titanium Backup will help you to keep from restoring everything individually. BUT, if there are apps that have backup/restore settings like GO SMS, any home replacement app like Go Launcher, ADWLauncher, etc., you will need to do those backups within the settings of that app. Unless, you use TiBu to backup EVERYTHING on your phone. I, personally, just backup my apps and restore them later.

I hope this helps and if you need any more clarification, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
^ gah, I feel like FoxKat.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I heard that! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pistacio

Reaction score
As far as using Titanium, I only restore user apps, only some with data. Just be picky, certain apps don't have many settings/data that will take too much effort to setup again manually.

...just had to restore slacker radio with data because it wouldn't accept my correct login...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
As far as using Titanium, I only restore user apps, only some with data. Just be picky, certain apps don't have many settings/data that will take too much effort to setup again manually.

...just had to restore slacker radio with data because it wouldn't accept my correct login...

I forgot to clarify that I only backup and restore user apps. :/ TiBu automatically backs up data with user apps. And yeah, depending on the app, it just as simple as hitting backup, and then restore. Thank you, pistacio.

pistacio

Reaction score
Forgot to add why only user apps are restored...

Restoring SYSTEM apps is not a good idea, like access points, email accounts, system settings, etc. They could conflict with the system apps included in the custom ROM causing force closes and reboots.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Forgot to add why only user apps are restored...

Restoring SYSTEM apps is not a good idea, like access points, email accounts, system settings, etc. They could conflict with the system apps included in the custom ROM causing force closes and reboots.

Yesh. For example, restoring Gingerbread settings meant for GB in an ICS ROM. And vice versa.

pistacio

Reaction score
I don't know Spanish, but to answer, install with SAFESTRAP.

...I'm portuguese, close enough ...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
este mod se lo instala con boostrap o safestrap????

Se puede instalar con ambos, pero se prefiere safestrap. También animamos y sólo permitir mensajes en Inglés, por desgracia.

You can install with both but safestrap is prefered. We also encourage and only allow posts in english, unfortunately.

UltraMagnus0001

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the ring Lockscreen from eclipse 3.0 unto eclipse 2.2.2? I like the colors better from 2.2.2 and I like the ring lockscreen with the apps on 3.0, so I'm torn.

When I flashed the battery mod I takes away the 1.2 overclock.

will17721

Reaction score
so ive tried the 1.2 the 1.1 and the no overclock and none of them worked after i followed the steps and ive tried different methods for flashing and still none have worked. someone please help me this rom looks sexy and sick as hell.