Embedded Flash Videos not working

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...just updated Flash a few minutes ago and clips at Yahoo sports are working.

Seems Adobe must have felt heat from the complaining. This still doesn't let the phone manufactures off the hook tho.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yea...just updated Flash a few minutes ago and clips at Yahoo sports are working.

Seems Adobe must have felt heat from the complaining. This still doesn't let the phone manufactures off the hook tho.

I still don't think it was on Adobe considering the last few versions worked perfectly fine on all other devices running 4.0.4 and beyond. There was something in the Motorola ICS update that caused an incompatibility with Flash that wasn't present on devices from other manufacturers. So, while whatever Adobe did appears to have fixed the problem, the problem still appears to have been due to something on Motorola's end of things. Adobe was able to rectify it from their end, but I don't think it was their fault. If it was, then the problem would have existed on other devices running 4.0.4.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Well I'll be. The latest update makes flash work now. It's still clunkier then Flash on my Gingerbread Bionic, but it'll do. :)

Interestingly, Adobe Flash Player does not appear on my list of installed apps in Google Play anymore. Instead I had to go to the All apps tab, scroll down to Adobe Flash Player and then click the update. Guess they're doing this as a result of discontinuing Flash for mobile. Bad decision I think.

Now I can truly hold off on getting a M$ Surface Tablet, well, maybe not :rolleyes: With my Lapdock 100, Flash working, and ICS on my Maxx, it's a road warrior's dream.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2.

jaye712

Reaction score
swallman said:
I can confirm that it is finally working correctly for me as well (at least on my favorite "adult" site LOL)...

I updated Adobe Reader and now it seems to work correctly.

Iam tryin to figure out..whats the difference with adobe reader?i got flash & adobe air..flash works finally after hw long,but some websites dont wrk.iam wondering if it has to do with the website alone or somethin else

SallyC

Reaction score
I didn't remember getting an update for Flash recently so I went to My Apps in the Play app and found it gave me the option to Update, which I did. But I had checked to allow auto updates so I'm not sure why I had to go do that.

Just an fyi in case someone is having problems and assuming their app is auto updating.

jaye712

Reaction score
SallyC said:
I didn't remember getting an update for Flash recently so I went to My Apps in the Play app and found it gave me the option to Update, which I did. But I had checked to allow auto updates so I'm not sure why I had to go do that.

Just an fyi in case someone is having problems and assuming their app is auto updating.

u do got a point there..not flash but apps in general,i got it to auto also but sometimes it doesn't update,i normally have to do it myself..ehh,maybe its jst a thing with the phone in general.always been a thing with it since day one.sometimes its takes a few days to update on its own..got no idea why its so delayed sometimes lol

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
Iam tryin to figure out..whats the difference with adobe reader?i got flash & adobe air..flash works finally after hw long,but some websites dont wrk.iam wondering if it has to do with the website alone or somethin else

LOL...didn't even realize that's what I typed. I meant to say Adobe Flash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using an Atrix Lapdock and Tapatalk 2

jaye712

Reaction score
swallman said:
LOL...didn't even realize that's what I typed. I meant to say Adobe Flash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using an Atrix Lapdock and Tapatalk 2

Its alrite lol,i actually jst ask on another thread about if anyone else was losin service today n didnt realize ..(for bionic forum, LOL)

Markee

Reaction score
I updated flash on my Motorola RAZR and now the videos are playing again. Thankfully someone realized you don't dump flash support until the world moves away from it. It remains a major advantage of android...

djspy

Reaction score
i just dont understand why flash is not showing up in the play store for us anymore. the new update fixes the problem but the app us not showing up. it doesnt make sense.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Forget the website. Go into the Play Store from your phone, go to My Apps, then swipe over to the All tab to show all the apps you ever downloaded. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and then reinstall or update.

This is retarded, I know. But Adobe has made it difficult to search for Flash Player in the Play Store. This was how I was able to update to the latest version of Flash Player. Good luck!