[ROM] Factory Bionic Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Turn on your USB Debugging. Menu>systemsettings>developer options> then click USB enable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jlab89

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I will try this when I get home. I'm going to feel so stupid if this is it...

jlab89

Reaction score
Turn on your USB Debugging. Menu>systemsettings>developer options> then click USB enable.

Hmm that didnt solve it.. my droid bionic still isnt showing up in RSDlite. Any other ideas?

Also, recovering using safe strap then downloading the update still made the update fail

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Did you select line #1 inRsdlite first? Then select the file.

jlab89

Reaction score
I think you misread my post... My bionic is not being recognized by RSDlite, as in nothing shows up in slot 1.

Also, I think you should edit the following information into option#1, as your instructions are not clear for a new user as myself.

*You can use OTA rootkeeper to ensure you dont lost root
1. Install safestrap 3.11 if you haven't already (be sure to install recovery by opening up the app!)
Copy or Move the unzipped Folder to your Backups....(Ex). Sdcard-Ext/TWRP/Backup <-That isn't the location.... below is:
Sdcard-Ext/TWRP/BACKUPS/
And put the there, so the full path is Sdcard-Ext/TWRP/BACKUPS/stock-STOCK-BIONIC-ICS...
*Sdcard-Ext should show up as removable disk as default when plugged into a computer. backups is in all caps

*If nothing shows up under the recover option:* to find your backup location, power off phone after installing safestrap and recovery, then go into backup and perform a backup. Then find where safe stap put that file

*Edit: I booted up my dinosaur desktop and my phone was discovered by it... must be something with my laptop not wanting to work with RSDlite. If anyone else is having problems on a laptop, im on a dell xps 15, usb 3.0, windows 8 64 bit

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Sounds like u may have not installed up to date moto drivers.

jlab89

Reaction score
Thats the thing that makes no sense, I uninstalled all previous drivers, the went to the motorolla link and downloaded that. It was the same file that made my old desktop connect to it, so I'm glad at least I got it to work, thanks!

synctek

Reaction score
I have a Bionic, Safestrap 3.11 (rooted). I installed the update to the main rom slot, set it as active - boots ICS no problem. When I try the OTA, it fails.
Any ideas/suggestions?

synctek

Reaction score
I tried to manually apply the JB file in recovery and get this:
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Additionally I've tried to use RSD lite to FSB to JB with no luck.
Any idea would be appreciated.

zoomy942

Reaction score
Any hope to get a stock slot flash able upload?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
If you fast boot your phone to ICS not JB!!! I can't get JB to fast boot.( If your still on ICS stock slot/ if jb installed ever this won't work!!! )

Make backup if stock ROM slot in case!!!

Get safe strap Apk and put that on sd-ext even if its installed. Get root keeper and backup your root .
Now
Fast boot ICS.
Root it.
Install safe strap again off sd-ext..
Apply Safe strap.
Reboot...
Now..
In safe strap...stock slot.
Factory reset and wipe dalvik.
Boot up. As soon as it says Welcome. English or Spanish.
Turn off phone
Turn on device.
Go into Safe strap.
Backup stock ROMs slot as is.
*Now you have a fresh ICS backup..(keep a copy of this file in drop box for future needs)*
Turn on phone
Set up as usual.
Then Go to system settings update phone. Jb* should update no problems.
This worked for me..
Good luck.

cortneyh

Reaction score
Ok, I have a silly question....I've been using Eclipse as my daily drive in rom slot 1.. I've got factory ICS in the stock slot up and running (THANKS!). I will root and use voodoo rootkeeper to keep root through the JB OTA. ....Do I have to uninstall Safestrap and temp-unroot before I proceed to apply the OTA update?

Thanks,
Cort

deduct

Reaction score
You will need to uninstall safe strap yes. But you won't have to temporarily unroot. protect root with voodoo.

cortneyh

Reaction score
Great, I'll do that....Will I be able to re-safestrap once the I apply the OTA? Just in case I prefer Eclipse to stock JB.

Thanks
Cort

qwas789

Reaction score
You should not run an ics rom on jb either. Believe eclipse just came out with a jb build. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2