Flash Player not getting along with UD 8.0

Reaction score
Me too! This was just what I was looking for. I thought it was just me, but thank god it wasn't :) Thanks!!!

segdoh49

Reaction score
Me too! This was just what I was looking for. I thought it was just me, but thank god it wasn't :) Thanks!!!

You may want to check and make sure your video on your camera is still working. Seems like after I flashed this fix (twice) the video portion of my camera locks up and force closes.. ANy one else havong this problem ? It does fix the Flash voice problem bu causes other problems. So I will wait to see if BD has a solution....

Last edited:
Reaction score

You may want to check and make sure your video on your camera is still working. Seems like after I flashed this fix (twice) the video portion of my camera locks up and force closes.. ANy one else havong this problem ? It does fix the Flash voice problem bu causes other problems. So I will wait to see if BD has a solution....
Actually now that you mention it, I am also now suffering from that same exact problem. Flash works fine but the video camera portion of the camera does not work correctly. As soon as you press the record button the window turns to black and you see no picture. You have to stop the recording and then the camera force quits :( To me Flash is more important, but obviously it would be nice to have both things working.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'll try to reflash it using UDv8 to see.... but good news is that BD plans to put out v9.0 tomorrow...

EDIT: Yep....sorry guys, didn't know the fix broke something else...wonder if it's the same for Billy's ROM... anyways, I've been sticking with UCv7.0, so I'll just wait til tomorrow for UDv9.0

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
I flashed this fix and stupidly did not make a backup, how can I revert back to whatever it was before so I can have video working?

could someone who made a backup maybe post an update zip of the original files so I could flash that?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Blackdroid posted that he plans to put out V9.0 tomorrow.... might as well wait for that.... I have a nandroid of v8.0 but it'll be different than your config I'm sure....

curious though why that patch would disable the camera/vidcam???

I would try to get the original files together for you, but I think I'll give up the amateurish endeavours, and leave it to BD the Pro to fix this on UDv9.0:icon_eek:

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score

Actually now that you mention it, I am also now suffering from that same exact problem. Flash works fine but the video camera portion of the camera does not work correctly. As soon as you press the record button the window turns to black and you see no picture. You have to stop the recording and then the camera force quits :( To me Flash is more important, but obviously it would be nice to have both things working.

This is definitely a problem with UD. In fact, I made recorded a new video yesterday at work using ShadowRom with the flash fix, worked fine.

Hopefully Blackdroid will fix ya'lls camera issues with v9.

;)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I flashed this fix and stupidly did not make a backup, how can I revert back to whatever it was before so I can have video working?

could someone who made a backup maybe post an update zip of the original files so I could flash that?
I feel bad that Billy's fix didn't work on UDv8... so I've uploaded a update zip with UDv6's original lib folder contents... it'll fix the Vidcamm problem...but will also return the slurring audio on those same websites...
SLOW_MO_AUDIO_FIX-Undo.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
As usual, download using the free basic option at FileFactory... install from sdcard...
Well I'm sure your ROM is fixed but hopefully BD will have that fix in place on V9.0
This is definitely a problem with UD. In fact, I made recorded a new video yesterday at work using ShadowRom with the flash fix, worked fine.

;)

Thanks for trying to help though... too bad your patch wasn't compatible to UD...:(

pyro6128

Reaction score
are these the same files one would have if coming from UD8?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, it's the original lib folder in the UDv8.0 ROM...

EDIT:... but make a nandroid so you have a backup
I reloaded UDv8, applied Billy's fix to it (breaking the vidcam again...lol)...then aplied the Undo.zip and it's all back to where it was prior to the fix patch...

Last edited:

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I was so happy the fix worked on UD, until it was pointed out the vid cam did not work. I am keeping my fingers crossed that UD 9 fixes everything.

segdoh49

Reaction score

I reloaded UDv8, applied Billy's fix to it (breaking the vidcam again...lol)...then aplied the Undo.zip and it's all back to where it was prior to the fix patch...

I had to just reinstall the ROM . Didn't know you could do an UNDO.zip
How do you perform that with SPRecovery. Do you just rename the update.zip to undo.zip ??????

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

How do you perform that with SPRecovery. Do you just rename the update.zip to undo.zip ??????

Need it to be name update.zip undo.zip is not properly named so it will not be recognized.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

;)

Plz don't come in here talking ur rom up trying to get ud users on it. I know u and ur lil comments and how they are meant. So plz stop. Keep ur rom and talk of it in ur section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah, as mentioned, in SPRecovery it needs to be renamed to update.zip.... but for those of us that use ClockWorkMod no need to rename...