Found a 1700mAh Battery for Thunderbolt

hobby31

Reaction score
For those who have some question about the Mah of these batteries, for those who own them - there is a widget on the marketplace called Battery Monitor Widget by 3c06 .The moment you open this widget it tells you the total Mah of the current battery and how much Mah is left.

This could help to shed some light on the true Mah of these 1700 batteries. It is currently reading my stock battery as 1350 Mah. I am interested to know what these other batteries will read as.

Hummmm....I just downloaded this widget and ran it. It shows the battery as a 1350 mAh. I got the 2 x 1700 mAh with a charger off ebay. The company was cellitech or something like that based in california. I got a red battery and a black battery. They both have HTC on them and 1700 mAh on them and look official. I paid $42 in the auction. I wonder if the widget reads the phone and lists what the phone is supposed to have instead of the actual? I've got the 2750 mAh from verizon when I bought the phone but wanted to go back to the thinner side. I'm at work right now and will put the battery in when I get home and see what this widget reads.

That is very interesting. Maybe it reads everything at 1350 :(. I thought this would have been a good way to solve this mystery - damn! I look forward to hearing what it says about your extended battery.

Well, just got home and popped in the 2750. mAh battery and the widget does show 2750. Makes me wonder if I just paid for a charger and a couple of stock batteries?

dafischman

Reaction score
Hummmm....I just downloaded this widget and ran it. It shows the battery as a 1350 mAh. I got the 2 x 1700 mAh with a charger off ebay. The company was cellitech or something like that based in california. I got a red battery and a black battery. They both have HTC on them and 1700 mAh on them and look official. I paid $42 in the auction. I wonder if the widget reads the phone and lists what the phone is supposed to have instead of the actual? I've got the 2750 mAh from verizon when I bought the phone but wanted to go back to the thinner side. I'm at work right now and will put the battery in when I get home and see what this widget reads.

That is very interesting. Maybe it reads everything at 1350 :(. I thought this would have been a good way to solve this mystery - damn! I look forward to hearing what it says about your extended battery.

Well, just got home and popped in the 2750. mAh battery and the widget does show 2750. Makes me wonder if I just paid for a charger and a couple of stock batteries?

Unfortunately, from the reviews I've seen of the batteries online, even Seido's, they rarely seem to be real, unless they are physically bigger. Not saying yours are fake or not, but it doesn't look good considering this app. Hopefully they weren't too expensive and you still ended up with additional batteries.

Josh

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Just got mine charging them up better bet they better be up to par or I will be pissed lol just for the wait not the price.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Battery monitor widget reads it at 1350 hmm think someone is going to be hearing from me

hobby31

Reaction score
Battery monitor widget reads it at 1350 hmm think someone is going to be hearing from me

Let us know what they say. I've already left them good feedback on ebay. Thinking about shooting them an email.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
They have responded quickly and claim they've gotten no feed back on this issue and offered me a refund. I told them I want at least close to advertised 1700mah battery not a refund.

Snow02

Reaction score
Lol at a widget accurately calculating capacity. There's a reason you can manually put in the battery capacity.

iRenegade

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the accuracy of this widget, and may try hard boots to see what comes up. Although there may be false advertising about the 1700 capacity, they work at least as long as the stock, appear to be genuine HTC batteries for the MyTouch 4G and merge, and cheaper than ThunderBolt stock batteries. So far for me, the pluses outweigh the negatives. I'm going to check out the amazon listing and reviews. Thanks for posting it!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I too have purchased these from Amazon and even though they are advertising them as 1700 when they arrived they clearly said 1500 mAh. In addition the black one says its for the Merge. I have submitted a complaint for false advertisement and I want my money back. I get no better battery life out of these than I do with my stock battery. I just refuse to get that huge extended battery as I really like the sleek look of the phone and do not want to change that.

badmeat

Reaction score
I purchased the 1600mah Seidio battery that's made for the MyTouch4g. I've noticed improvements in battery life so far. I'm on my 6th full charge since I purchased it. It lasted me 27 hours over the weekend with light use and still had 25% left. Today at work, however, I'm at roughly 50% and have been off the charger for 6 hours. Much more usage and syncing of company email.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Anyone know a better way to test the battery I'm not convinced the battery monitor widget is accurate. Maybe denial that I got a stock battery but I would like solid proof that this company is selling stocks as 1700 mah

badmeat

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Battery Monitor" app widget reads my Galaxy Tab as having a 1200mah battery. . . It reads my 1600mah battery in my Tbolt as a 1350mah as well.

I completely agree that it is incorrect in reading a battery's capacity.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

dafischman

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Battery Monitor" app widget reads my Galaxy Tab as having a 1200mah battery. . . It reads my 1600mah battery in my Tbolt as a 1350mah as well.

I completely agree that it is incorrect in reading a battery's capacity.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Not to burst your bubble, but there was a guy who tested Seido batteries as well as several other brands that claimed to sell extended batteries and nearly all were less than they claimed and the ones same size as stock were not larger capacity. These weren't Thunderbolt batteries, so who knows, but evidence seems to point that these likely don't offer more capacity.

Josh

BTW, here is the test http://batteryboss.org/

sent via Thunderbolt by the hand of Zeus.

Last edited: