Found a 1700mAh Battery for Thunderbolt

badmeat

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Battery Monitor" app widget reads my Galaxy Tab as having a 1200mah battery. . . It reads my 1600mah battery in my Tbolt as a 1350mah as well.

I completely agree that it is incorrect in reading a battery's capacity.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Not to burst your bubble, but there was a guy who tested Seido batteries as well as several other brands that claimed to sell extended batteries and nearly all were less than they claimed and the ones same size as stock were not larger capacity. These weren't Thunderbolt batteries, so who knows, but evidence seems to point that these likely don't offer more capacity.

Josh

BTW, here is the test http://batteryboss.org/

sent via Thunderbolt by the hand of Zeus.

So is it coincidence that this same app grossly under reads my Galaxy Tab?

If the app read my tab's battery at 4000mah, which is the spec on it, I could see weight in your argument.....but its not even close.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
On the upside I didn't charge my phone all night or all day and I'm at 40 so maybe there is nothing really to complain about lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Anyone know a better way to test the battery I'm not convinced the battery monitor widget is accurate. Maybe denial that I got a stock battery but I would like solid proof that this company is selling stocks as 1700 mah

I can't tell you a better test but what I can tell you is that both the batteries that are sold in this deal are clearly marked 1500 mAh. The red one says replacement for the thunderbolt and the black one says for the Merge. I gave complained to the company and amazon both of which have not acknowledged me.

I would stay away from these batteries as they are not what is being advertised. Not to mention I could not even get 6 hours out of either one of them. I have gone back to my stock battery and am enjoying better battery life.

Sent via a bolt of lightening .....

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Mine says 1700 on it this is a picture I sent them last night.

Edit: wow I guess you cant really see anything lol

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Wow glad yours is marked 1700. Mine are not. They are marked 1500 mAh. I could not even get six hours of light use out of them. Been back on stock battery with heavy use the last 6 hours and I am still at 78% I just want my money back at this point. I think they are falsely advertising these.

Sent via a bolt of lightening .....

badmeat

Reaction score
One thing that I noticed is that in the battery widget settings under "monitoring preferences", theres an option that says "enter your real battery capacity" as if it defaults to something depending on what device its on.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Yeah I changed it to 1700 but Hell I could set it at 2750 doesn't change what battery is actually in it. Just doesn't seem accurate at all plus the time to empty was way off also even at 1350.

dafischman

Reaction score
I was doing some searching over at xda-forums to try and figure out how it knows the size of the battery. I don't know anything about this program directly, but it seems the battery itself should have a chip that notifys the phone of it's capacity as well as things like battery temp. It seems some cheap Chinese ones bought off ebay were falsifying information on the chips causing different issues. Not saying these are anything like those, just something I read.

As far as Seido and any other not OEM batteries, I'm highly skeptical. However, if you are happy with your battery output, that is what truly matters. It would be great if we had the ability to accurately measure the capacity so people weren't taken advantage of though. I know I would be mad if I paid for a larger capacity battery and got a rebadged stock or worse one.

Josh

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Oh I am mad trust me however I don't know what these are actually. But they are willing to send me another one so far they have been good at trying to satisfy me on this issue. They waste no time emailing me back.

lippstuh

Reaction score
i've been telling other people on other forums to NOT purchase these batteries.

the're chinese knock offs and they're just the same crap sold on ebay. so if you want cheap spares, go on ebay and pay a lot less for the same stuff.

they were first advertised as 1500mAh then they changed it to 1700. All they need to do is print a new sticker with 1700mAh on it and advertise it was that. if you look at the people's feedback toward the company its pretty much crap.

stop supporting false advertisement, at least support the ebay sellers who are more honest about the stuff they sell. it'll save you a lot of money too.

i personally opted for an OEM battery from overstock.com $20 shipped isn't a bad deal.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
+1, do not buy anything but OEM batteries. even companies like seidio scam people out of money with their fake batteries.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
30 hours on these batteries and still have enough to come on here and tell you all about it.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
At this point I am just gonna keep then they are out lasting my stock battery which with light use only got about 27 hours very light use this I actually used it as normal so I am satisfied.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
30 hours and still 32% yeah these are good. Seems hit or miss guess I'm just a lucky one.