FoxFi

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try turning foxfi on, then go into settings, manage apps, all, foxfi, clear cache, clear data,force stop... now if do a battery pull, when the phone reboots, open foxfi and set your password and rename your hotspot..

You should be good to go now.

DxL

Reaction score
I love FoxFi. Best Free Non-Root Tether App!

theejondavis

Reaction score
I have been usinf foxfi on my bionic for at least 6 months now everyday. I used it yesterday morning and right after the update it now does not work. I have pulled the battery i have unistalled the app and reinstalled and it is still not working for me. What can i do for it to work again?

OP
da808joker

da808joker

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Try turning foxfi on, then go into settings, manage apps, all, foxfi, clear cache, clear data,force stop... now if do a battery pull, when the phone reboots, open foxfi and set your password and rename your hotspot..

You should be good to go now.

Thank you
It works now:)

OP
da808joker

da808joker

Reaction score
New Problem
My Wifi Keeps turning on my itself
I keep my wifi off
It is messing up the foxfi

theejondavis

Reaction score
The app when starts turns on my wifi on my phone. It never did this before the ICS update. And when it doesn't turn on it says wifi mode has failed please use Bluetooth but that doesnt work either. I tried what you said about clearing cache and data and force stop and pull battery and changing password and username and it still not working. I think it has to do something with the wifi turning on when you start the app

Hikenit

Reaction score
In my limited experience in messing with that app, if just moving to ICS, try resetting the wireless network card on your computer while trying to connect. Everytime I do this using the app, it connects.

nh2123

Reaction score
I'm having issues with using the proxy addon to help hide tether usage. Foxfi works pretty well for me when I'm not using the proxy addon. Does anyone know if anyone has gotten into trouble with Verizon for tethering? Does this proxy addon really prevent Verizon from seeing tethering use? Has anyone else had issues using the proxy addon? Thanks.

karylr

Reaction score
Foxfi doesn't work after upgrade

I'm getting the message that 'Wifi mode has failed, please use bluetooth mode instead'. The battery pull / rename network / change password trick worked once, but after I turned off foxfi and turned it back on I'm getting the same message again. That's just not a good long-term solution.

:angry:

nh2123

Reaction score
nh2123 said:
I'm having issues with using the proxy addon to help hide tether usage. Foxfi works pretty well for me when I'm not using the proxy addon. Does anyone know if anyone has gotten into trouble with Verizon for tethering? Does this proxy addon really prevent Verizon from seeing tethering use? Has anyone else had issues using the proxy addon? Thanks.

Anyone?